Alumni Ventures Group is searching for a Partner at The Yard Ventures who will serve as a key member of the investment team, working closely with the Managing Partner to lead all aspects of our investing activity and continue to build our portfolio.
ABOUT ALUMNI VENTURES GROUP
Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) is a fast-growing company with over 100 employees across the country dedicated to growing and engaging with an inclusive community of teammates, investors, and entrepreneurs disrupting the status quo in order to build a better future. AVG provides accredited investors with the smartest, simplest way to own a high-quality, actively-indexed venture portfolio. Today, we serve roughly 4,000 investors, hundreds of startups, and a community of over 500,000 stakeholders across the country. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Menlo Park and Austin.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Today, AVG delivers a direct-to-client approach to thousands of accredited individual investors. Our product is simple: actively-indexed VC portfolios. These portfolios are diversified across stage, sector, geography, and primarily co-invested with top-quartile VC firms across the country. AVG’s Core Funds engage alumni of top colleges and universities to invest in these portfolios on an annual basis.
Success for AVG’s Partner at The Yard Ventures will be achieved through the ongoing improvement of Yard’s access to, selection and execution of high-quality venture investments, as The Yard Ventures represents significant opportunity within AVG’s model, thereby setting the pace for deal flow and quality across the organization. Additionally, Partners at AVG contribute to the further development of their fund and the overall organization, making meaningful contributions that improve brand awareness of Yard and AVG while serving as role models and ambassadors to internal and external stakeholders of AVG. This role will collaborate with The Yard’s existing Principal and will report to the Managing Partner. Investment team members work closely with colleagues at sibling funds across the country and with AVG’s Office of Investment and leverage resources from across the AVG organization. The Partner at Yard Ventures will be based in AVG’s Boston, MA office (located in Post Office Square) and requires about 5-15% travel as necessary to fulfill the expectations of the role.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
In addition to salary:
- Equity in AVG
- Share of the carried interest profits of the fund
- Comprehensive Benefits and Wellness plan including Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid parental leave
- 401K Retirement plan
- Unlimited Time Off
- Flexible Schedule
- Mastery in venture capital investing, including deal sourcing, evaluation, diligence and execution
- Networking and relationship management capabilities that result in access to a high volume and variety of deals at all stages
- Growth mindset, continually seeking to improve process in ways that increase efficiencies and serve desired outcomes
- Fluency in financial services and professional wealth management
- Demonstrated personal and/or professional interest in startups and entrepreneurship
- Orientation towards “roll-up-your-sleeves” execution
- Management and leadership
The ideal candidate will satisfy all of the requirements below, and serious applicants will satisfy most requirements and have professional exposure to all below.
- 5+ years of venture capital or relatable alternative asset investing experience
- Successful tenure in a senior contributor or leadership role with a startup organization and/or venture backed, growth oriented company
- Demonstrated sales capabilities, leveraging personal/professional networks and relationships to gain access to exclusive opportunities
- Exposure to or experience in client-facing sales or customer service work, ideally with high net-worth individuals.
- Comfortability in an entrepreneurial, startup working environment.
OUTCOMES & RESPONSIBILITIES (First 12 Months)
Under the direction of the Managing Partner, the Partner at The Yard Ventures will execute on AVG’s Investing Playbook to ensure a quality annual portfolio and the continued development of The Yard and AVG’s position in the venture capital eco-system, indicated by the following outcomes:
- Deal quantity (metrics)
- Deal quality (metrics)
- Fund development through brand/reputation building
Responsibilities in achieving the above outcomes include, but are not limited to:
- Engage a network of startup and venture capital professionals to gain access to a high number of venture investing opportunities, improving the quantity and quality of deal flow to The Yard Ventures and AVG
- Identify, engage in, evaluate and present on deal opportunities for The Yard Ventures that meet the criteria of AVG’s investment mandate and deliver on commitments to The Yard’s Limited Partners
- Successfully manage external relationships to benefit AVG’s position in the market and overall investing opportunities while improving brand recognition for The Yard Ventures and AVG in the startup and venture eco-system
- Educate deal sources, companies, entrepreneurs, venture professionals and other stakeholders on AVG’s value proposition, model and process
- Build strong relationships and work closely with colleagues at all sibling funds across AVG to identify mutual interesting investment opportunities
- Serve as a role model and mentor to all AVG team members, specifically to Investment Team members at sibling funds as well as to Venture Fellows
- Partner with the MP and Principal to ensure efficient and effective relationships with The Yard’s Investment Committee members and Venture Fellows.
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture and team, role modeling AVG values and working consistently toward North Star
If interested, please apply here.