Responsible for developing In-Q-Tel’s portfolio. Expected to identify and target companies of interest to In-Q-Tel and the Agency, negotiate complex equity transactions, provide ongoing support to In-Q-Tel portfolio companies and coordinate the research efforts of Associates and Analysts.
Deal Sourcing & Relationship Management
- Utilize network of relationships with top-tier venture capitalists to generate high quality and consistent deal flow for In-Q-Tel.
- Constantly promote the In-Q-Tel brand within the venture, academic, and startup communities as a high quality venture capital investor and strategic partner.
- Maintain external reputation and credibility within specific technology sectors of focus.
- Maintain broad awareness of venture industry and technology market trends, challenges and opportunities.
- Lead and manage deals
- Negotiate complex financial terms involving equity, technology licensing, and development funding to maximize total overall value and return for In-Q-Tel and our investors.
- Manage the activities of legal, finance, technology and administrative resources towards high quality deal preparation and timely execution.
Portfolio Company Strategy & Support
- Serve as active, contributing advisors to portfolio company CEOs and work as observers of the Boards of Directors over the multi-year lifetime of these relationships.
- Assist corporate management teams in developing new products/services and in navigating the company’s growth.
- Lead government outreach strategic planning for portfolio companies, including planning and execution of strategic events and contacts; manage combined efforts within In-Q-Tel, including marketing, technical, and federal outreach activities.
- Ensure that In-Q-Tel’s requirements are understood and our interest is protected.
- Serve as primary champion and advocate of portfolio companies internally at In-Q-Tel, across the customers we support, and within the broader government community.
- Serve as the primary In-Q-Tel representative in press and PR activities relating to portfolio companies.
- Significant operations experience and a broad breadth of business experience
- 10+ years of operations experience in a variety of business disciplines such as sales, marketing, business development or finance.
- Strong, experienced negotiators who are comfortable negotiating high-value transactions with minimal oversight.
- Experience negotiating equity investments and have a working knowledge of ways in which venture capital agreements are structured.
If interested, please apply here.