The 10-week Summer Associate program provides immediate exposure to the investment management world and an opportunity to work alongside Investment Directors with a range of experiences. The summer will start with an orientation and training program introducing Summer Associates to the firm and familiarizing them with our data, research resources, client work, and investment teams. Summer Associates collaborate with Investment Directors on current client portfolios and research projects across the various asset classes. They will become an integral part of the investment teams and assume significant individual responsibility on these relationships, including direct client interaction and presentation opportunity.
Summer Associates are expected to work 40 hours per week and are competitively compensated.
- In-depth orientation and training program and structured mentorship program, which partners each Summer Associate with an Investment Director who serves as his/her key resource while at the firm
- Opportunities to work on current client portfolios across our three primary practice areas: Endowments & Foundations, Pensions, and Private Clients
- Opportunities to work with and meet colleagues from across our global offices
- Ability to attend meetings with clients and top-tier investment managers; broad exposure to asset classes
- Direct exposure to our research teams and specialized groups
- High exposure to firm’s leadership team through summer associate specific learning sessions and dinners
- Creating and developing diversified portfolios to enable increased returns and lower volatility consistent with time horizon, risk tolerance, and income needs of client
- Conducting analyses, preparing materials and directing clients on investment and financial issues
- Selecting and evaluating investment managers for virtually all asset classes, including alternative assets such as venture capital, private equity, hedge funds, real estate, timberland, and oil & gas
- Participating in an Investment Due Diligence project assessing investment managers within asset class
- MBA or similar advanced degree students entering final year of coursework; record of high academic achievement
- Demonstrated interest in investments and the capital markets or related quantitative fields. Prior investment experience, including graduate course work focused on the capital markets preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or restriction now or in the future
CAMBRIDGE ASSOCIATES’ ROLE IN THE INVESTMENT INDUSTRY
Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm and aims to help endowments & foundations, pension plans, and high net worth private clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios that generate outperformance and enable them to maximize their impact on the world. We deliver a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, investment staff extension, and asset class mandates.
Cambridge Associates is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion are essential elements of our culture. We are committed to fostering an environment where individual perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences make the firm a great place to work and result in a more satisfying client experience.
If interested, please apply here.