The 10-week internship program provides immediate exposure to the investment management world and an opportunity to work alongside Investment Directors with a range of experiences. The summer will start with an orientation and training program introducing interns to the firm and familiarizing them with our data, research resources, client work, and investment teams. Interns collaborate with Investment Directors on current client portfolios and research projects across the various asset classes. They will become an integral part of the investment teams and assume significant individual responsibility on these relationships, including direct client interaction and presentation opportunity.
- Creating and developing diversified portfolios to enable increased returns and lower volatility consistent with time horizon, risk tolerance, and income needs of client
- Conducting analyses, preparing materials and directing clients on investment and financial issues
- Selecting and evaluating investment managers for virtually all asset classes, including alternative assets such as venture capital, private equity, hedge funds, real estate, timberland, and oil & gas
- Participating in an Investment Due Diligence project assessing investment managers within asset class
- In-depth orientation and training program and structured mentorship program, which partners each intern with an Investment Director who serves as his/her key resource while at the firm
- Opportunities to work on current client portfolios across our three primary practice areas: Endowments & Foundations, Pensions, and Private Clients
- Opportunities to work with and meet colleagues from across our global offices
- Ability to attend meetings with clients and top-tier investment managers; broad exposure to asset classes
- Direct exposure to our research teams and specialized groups
- High exposure to firm’s leadership team through intern specific learning sessions and events
- MBA or similar advanced degree students entering final year of coursework; record of high academic achievement
- Demonstrated interest in investments and the capital markets or related quantitative fields. Prior investment experience, including graduate course work focused on the capital markets preferred
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and operate effectively in a team environment
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or restriction now or in the future
OUR CLIENTS, CULTURE & PEOPLE
Cambridge Associates is a global investment firm and aims to help clients implement and manage custom investment portfolios. We believe our clients come first. Our clients are the most compelling endowments, foundations, pensions, private clients and institutional investors around the globe. Ours is a long-term business with long-term client relationships. We bring a deep knowledge of portfolio management best practices to the clients we serve.
Cambridge Associates believes culture is central to your success and ours. We believe in a vibrant, values-driven culture that is supportive, inclusive, and diverse. Here, we celebrate the individual while we support global connectivity. At Cambridge, collaboration wins, kindness matters, and your success is our priority. We foster an inclusive and diverse environment that enables all individuals to engage and bring their full selves to work. By leveraging your unique skills, developing your individual career goals, and building a collaborative global community of connected, diverse individuals, we build a community that is stronger together.
We actively recruit and invest in the most dynamic and diverse talent and then empower our employees to succeed. Cambridge strongly encourages applications for our MBA Internship Program from high-achieving, underrepresented candidates, including students who self-identify as female, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American and/or LGBTQ+.
Want to learn more?
Click HERE to learn more about how Cambridge Associates lives our firm values every day. (https://www.cambridgeassociates.com/about-us/firm-values/)
Click HERE to learn more about Cambridge Associates invests in diversity and inclusion. (https://www.cambridgeassociates.com/about-us/diversity-inclusion/)
Click HERE to learn more about our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility. (https://www.cambridgeassociates.com/about-us/corporate-social-responsibility/)
If interested, please apply here.