Sanofi (NYSE: SNY) is a leading global integrated healthcare company that discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions to improve the lives of everyone. The company works to prevent and treat the diseases of today, as well as those we may face tomorrow. With over 100,000 dedicated professionals in more than 100 countries, Sanofi is devoted to advancing healthcare around the world.
Sanofi Ventures (SV) is the strategic corporate venture capital arm of Sanofi. SV has the ability to seed and to lead financings in early-stage companies with innovative ideas and transformative new products and technologies that are of strategic interest to Sanofi. Among these areas are rare diseases, vaccines, oncology, immunology, potential cures in other core areas of Sanofi’s business footprint, and digital health solutions.
SV is looking to add a team-oriented investor interested to help execute on SV’s strategic investment mandate, focusing on digital health. Given SV’s hands on approach to managing its investments, it is important that the new investment professional shares our values and has relevant life science and venture capital expertise. He/she will be a professional, bringing a solid background in digital technologies along with a track record of successful investments, and an active approach to management of portfolio companies. With SV’s lean organization, he/she should be able to be actively involved in all aspects of corporate venture capital investing from day one. The investment professional will be tasked to actively source transactions, contribute to the decision-making process as well as present deals to the investment committee. It is expected that he/she will have the opportunity to take Board level roles.
In this role, the individual will work with the Sanofi Ventures’ team, as well as other key digital leaders, in order to leverage equity investments to align with Sanofi’s broader digital strategy. The objective is to facilitate Sanofi becoming a data driven and technology enabled organization.
Key accountabilities (all under the management of SV’s Managing Director)
Originate transactions of strategic interest to Sanofi through an active and structured industry focused deal sourcing strategy. Demonstrate the ability to drill down into industry sectors and sub-sectors to identify potential deal opportunities.
Provide detailed analytical and due diligence support as required. Works with technical and business teams; solicits input and advice from senior management, advisors, and others as appropriate regarding prioritization and selection of investment candidates.
Manage all internal processes of communication and coordination regarding investment candidates in order to prioritize and build consensus for investments.
Prepare presentations and reports, and is principally responsible for content, style and analytics associated with the quarterly Investment Committee meetings.
Maintain oversight and manage existing portfolio of direct investments via active board participation.
- Key Responsibilities may differ among employees with the same job title and may change over time, in accordance with business needs
- BA degree is required
- MBA; MD; or PhD is highly preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of professional business experience is required
- Directly and relevant business experience in the Life Sciences is preferred. Digital Health industry experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of investing experience in a successful VC firm is required
- Valuable investment experience through a number of Life Sciences investments, preferably in digital health is required
- Selected candidate will have engaged style of investment, leading process from origination to closing and to eventual exit and have proven experience of actively working on all aspects of the transaction (business plan, due diligence, valuation and modeling, leadership evaluation etc.).
- This position may require up to 50% overall travel
Selected candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter spirit
- Ability to build trust with the management of the invested companies
- Robust technical and organizational skills
- Hard working, driven, results-oriented and focused on success
- Team player, hands-on attitude, willingness to be actively involved in operations
- Loyal and transparent, willing to join a team for a long-term commitment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Flexible and creative business approach
- High ethical standards and integrity
- A focus on consistent excellence and ongoing improvement
- Prior career experience in biotech or digital health startup, investment banking, accountancy and/or consultancy would also provide a positive background
Position will be based in Cambridge, MA.
If interested, please apply here.