This position reports to the Senior Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer. The Corporate Strategy team shapes the strategic direction of the company, with a strong focus on identifying opportunities to drive growth and partnerships with participants in the broader health care ecosystem. The team serves as advisors to company leaders and addresses the key questions facing senior management and the Board of Directors. The team is also responsible for shaping the company’s strategic plans, anticipating opportunities and threats, and prioritizing initiatives and investments.
The Director Has Three Main Areas Of Responsibility
- Evaluate and mange THP’s venture investments and develop insights on emerging venture-backed companies.The Director is responsible for managing the company’s venture fund investment portfolio, evaluating performance and providing insight on investment themes and specific company investments The Director also collaborates with subject matter experts within Tufts Health Plan to assess the value of deploying new solutions in each of our insurance business lines.Lastly, the Director is expected to build relationships with Venture Capital and Private Equity Firms to support the above activities.
- Lead Tufts Health Plan’s efforts to diversify its business interests by acquiring assets in non-insurance health and services companies.The Director is responsible for identifying, analyzing and assessing acquisition opportunities. This includes evaluating market segments, assessing market dynamics and business models, and building relationships with investment bankers to develop a pipeline of opportunities.The Director is also responsible for leading due diligence and financial analyses to support conclusions and recommendations.
- Lead strategy related evaluations and initiatives that support enterprise growth. These strategic issues tend to arise unpredictably, and may be pertinent to a specific line of business or may be enterprise level. The Director will collaborate with senior leaders across the company to define, evaluate, and provide recommendations to senior management.
The Director will work on several opportunities simultaneously and is expected to develop conclusions with guidance from the Chief Strategy Officer. This requires interaction with senior leaders on an individual and group basis to support the decision making process. The Director is expected to oversee a small team of analysts and to collaborate with the broader Corporate Strategy team when opportunities arise.
Lead strategy-related assessments that are highly analytical in nature, range in duration from 1-6 months, and include the need to draw on expertise from around the company and from external sources when appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
7 to 10 years’ experience in roles of increasing independence and responsibility in corporate development, corporate strategy, management consulting, venture investing, or other relevant field.
- Ability to structure and manage complex business development efforts and strategic projects with partners or targets
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of initiatives and drive to conclusion
- Results orientation with willingness to both manage and execute opportunity assessments and work with our partners and investment targets to achieve growth
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills
- Strategic problem solving and quantitative analysis capabilities, including experience with business case development
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record as a team player with strong business ethics
- Ability to lead and oversee multiple engagements simultaneously, communicate prioritization of open engagements with direct reports and adjust resources as needed to effectively meet all deadlines as business needs shift
- Knowledge of health care industry ecosystem is a strong plus (incl. health insurance, provider systems)
IF interested, please apply here.