YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops rationale and business case for investing in selected technologies relevant for Agriculture or Bayer’s Crop Science division;
- Develops network and follows scientific and technological developments in selected areas (e.g. artificial intelligence, digital health/agriculture, gene editing for plant, etc.);
- Develops investment cases;
- Conducts due diligence and supports deal execution;
- Supports start-up of ventures, day-to-day management, performance management and strategic decisions of the ventures;
- Supports the setup of the new organization;
- Supports the venture in daily operations where applicable;
- Ensures the delivery of key Bayer contributions to the venture development as applicable (e.g., market insights, production knowhow, chemistry, agricultural industry knowledge);
- Monitors and reports progress of ventures;
- Prepares and facilitates venture milestones, reviews and makes recommendations on go/no-go decision points;
- The Venture Director adds value through strong leadership and day-to-day operational work, guiding the ventures to success.
- Compelling investment cases for venture investment opportunities;
- Successful delivery of scientific and operational goals of individual ventures.
- Number and quality of potential technology investments/ partners/ deals scouted and executed;
- Progress of ventures towards key milestones;
- Organizational health in ventures;
- Successful asset transfer to Bayer where applicable.
WHO YOU ARE
- Advanced degree in life science, technology/engineering, and/or agriculture covering relevant topics for Venture-specific technology;
- Minimum 2-3 years in Venture Capital;
- Experience in agriculture or Ag-related industries a strong plus
- MBA and/or Investment banking and/or Management Consulting (all top tier);
- Track record of successfully leading long term projects;
- Experience in evaluation of early technologies
- Will consider relocation for appropriate candidates;
If interested, please apply here.