Asahi Kasei Group is a diversified business based in Tokyo focused on three primary sectors: Materials, Homes and Healthcare. Asahi Kasei Corporate Venture Capital focuses on investing in global companies in areas of strategic importance to Asahi Kasei. The company’s mission is to create new long-term business opportunities as well as a financial return for Asahi Kasei. The team, based in Menlo Park and the Boston area, consists of senior professionals with backgrounds in R&D, operations and venture capital.
The Corporate Venture Capital group is expanding its activities and is seeking an Associate to join the healthcare team based in the Boston area. The Associate will be an integral part of the team to make strategic investments in the medical device, biopharmaceutical, diagnostic and digital health sectors. The Associate will support the entire investment process, including sourcing, due diligence, deal execution and project management and portfolio support. The position will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other senior business development staff within Asahi Kasei’s Healthcare Business Unit. A successful candidate will have a scientific and/or clinical background and have a good understanding of business principles and market dynamics in the healthcare sector. The position has long-term potential for advancement within Asahi Kasei.
- Perform due diligence activities including scientific/clinical assessments, market analysis, financial modeling and conducting primary and secondary research
- Generate new investment ideas and keep current on major developments through networking with the investment community and attending medical and industry conferences
- Prepare and maintain internal documentation, including investment memos and presentations as well as internal databases
- Assist with board level management of portfolio companies and support potential collaborations between the portfolio and Asahi Kasei
- Support other Asahi Kasei healthcare business development initiatives, as needed
- Prior work experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking, venture capital or business/corporate development in life sciences required
- Proficiency in financial analysis and modeling
- Advanced Degree (PhD or MD) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self motivated with strong work ethic
- Team player
- Interest in working in cross cultural environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
If interested, please apply here.