As an Associate you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on investment and program team meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
It’s basically a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during their time at Techstars. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
This role is an opportunity to work directly with the Techstars Boston accelerator leadership team and dig in on helping create experiences worth having for founders across the startup ecosystem in Boston. The person in this role will be responsible for event management, event marketing, market research, scheduling and coordinating, and database management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Event management coordination with key communities in Boston to schedule and host workshops and office hours
- Support the organization of the Techstars Northeast Founder Conference in the fall
- Support with the setup and marketing of Techstars webinars
- Market research on top companies, highlighting key market trends and identify questions about the project
- Managing the scheduling and logistical coordination with founders for 1:1 meetings
- Support our team with list management
- Minimum 20 hours a week i.e. we want to work closely enough with you so that you can learn from the full process
- You’ve been in the startup ecosystem already, or want to transition into it long term
- You are interested in learning more about investing in startups. If you have already made a few investments or mentored companies, even better!
- Inbox Zero? Yeah, I totally understand what this is and love this concept
- You have already organized events, and liked it (and yes, we understand that most events going forward will be on Zoom, which makes it different)
- Oh, and we are not screening candidates based on where you come from, which university you went through, or what you did before. Everything in this position can be learned.
- Said in another way, the requirements are:
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A natural self-starter and problem solver
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Kelly McDonald – Learn More Faster
- Duc Luan Dam – Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars is an investment and innovation group that connects entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, and city governments to solve challenges across industries and geographies. We pioneered the accelerator program model in 2006 working toward our vision of a connected global economy of innovation.
If interested, please apply here.