Do you get excited by helping companies succeed? Do you want to dive into startup land and help a dozen startups raise millions of dollars in capital? As an Operations Associate you will help source and build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies.
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with founders, investors and mentors helping propel companies further and faster. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars events with the founders and local community. We work in a collaborative environment where flexibility, cross-cultural understanding and an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged and celebrated. Techstars Boston is made up a fun, diverse, results-driven team who believe in #givefirst, the potential of every idea, and strengthening the companies we work with and the larger startup ecosystem.
As an Investment Associate, you will broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and get exposure to some of the greatest up-and-coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most associates end up being employed by one of the startup founders, mentors or investors they met during the program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
This role is a temporary, contract position through August 2022.
This role is responsible for the administrative duties and operational execution throughout the duration of the accelerator program. Logistics experience as well as familiarity with the early stage venture backed company ecosystem is preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort tackling new problems is a must. This role is a temporary, full time position.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Engage with Techstars founders and plan activities, meetings and events that drive them toward success
- Coordinate the scheduling of founders, session leaders, corporate partners, mentors and other key stakeholder groups for the program
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Event planning
- Represent Techstars in local community, both actively and passively
Successful Candidates will demonstrate the following competencies through a combination of previous education/work experiences:
- Initiative – Proactively create and/or follow through on new ideas and strategies;
- Attention to Detail – Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming;
- Written Communication – Excellent written communication skills and ability to accurately convey background and interests of funders, ideally associating their interests with Techstars’ organizational need and priorities;
- Interpersonal Skills – A high level of professionalism and ability to connect with others to build positive relationships and be a true team player while maintaining our “Founder First” mentality;
- Multitasking – Move seamlessly between any number of prioritized tasks and functions while effectively managing time;
- Forward Thinking – Anticipate the implications and after effects of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible outcomes.
- The position will be based out of our office in Downtown Boston with some remote work opportunities during the week. We are open to discussing work from home preferences balanced with in-office responsibilities.
- Some evenings may be required, at times, when the program is in session.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Currently live in the Boston area or would be willing to live in the area during the program.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of $23 Billion. http://www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
If interested, please apply here.