Suffolk Technologies is a technology venture capital investment platform backed by innovative construction enterprise Suffolk. Suffolk Technologies is responsible for investing in technology startups that drive capital efficiency and productivity in the built environment, leveraging Suffolk’s tech-forward construction business, innovation testbed/job sites, domain expertise and trade networks to accelerate development of new technology products and to scale their adoption across the ecosystem. Suffolk Technologies invests in solutions across the building lifecycle, including real estate investment and development, architecture engineering and construction, as well as property management. Suffolk Technologies invests in and partners with startups from early to growth stages. For more information about Suffolk Technologies, visit Suffolk-Tech.com
Motivated and analytical thinker who drives challenging projects to high-quality results with limited supervision. Strong communicator who can synthesize and distill complex information to produce actionable insights. Ability to deliver against demanding project timelines and flexible in taking on a wide range of analytical work with consistent attention to detail. Comfort with and ability to navigate ambiguity. Passion for the built environment.
Suffolk is seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Perform market research and synthesize insights to develop investment themes
- Network with peers at investment firms and strategics
- Support startup programming, such as Boost accelerator
Perform due diligence
- Conduct market opportunity and competitive analysis
- Analyze information from prospective investment targets
- Liaise with internal and external experts to complete due diligence
- Build valuation analysis and models
- Help prepare internal investment memos
Support portfolio companies
- Work with portfolio founders on company development, including participating on boards
- Organize Suffolk and industry resources and networks to support portfolio companies
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrates Suffolk’s Core Values of People Above All, Courageously Driven, Find a Way, Endlessly Curious.
- Demonstrated interest in startups, investment, and the built environment
- Undergraduate degree or MBA from a top-tier school
- 2-3 years of investment (VC/PE, investment banking), consulting experience at a top-tier firm, or product management/sales/corporate development roles in the technology industry
- Strong written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Team collaborator and leader, and self-guided on day-to-day work
- Experience in a built world related sector is preferred, but not required
- Experience with financial statement analysis preferred, but not required
IF interested, please apply here.