Pillar VC is a venture capital firm based in Boston investing in companies at formation and seed stage with $350 million under management. We believe VC doesn’t have to be the darkside –– we’re happy to own common stock, the same security as the founders we back, and we’re committed to helping founders develop as leaders.
Pillar VC is currently investing out of a $170 million Fund 3, of which $60M is dedicated to investments in crypto/web3 companies. Our interest in crypto and web3 ignited when we co-led the seed investment in Algorand, introducing Founder, Silvio Micali, to CEO, Steve Kokinos. In addition to Algorand, our existing investments include companies like Circle, AlgoFi, Friktion, Republic, Reach, C3 and Aorist.
We believe we are in the early innings of a replatforming of many software applications, and the best web3 applications will grow far larger and faster than any businesses we have seen historically. Our vision is to build the top crypto investment institution by providing founders with support across funding, creation, regulatory, governance, tokenomics, protocol growth and product development.
In addition to crypto and web3, we back unstoppable founders across biotech, deep enterprise SaaS and university spinouts. We’re proud investors in companies including PillPack, Desktop Metal, Hometap, Jellyfish, Zapata, Higharc, Sofar Sounds, Asimov and PathAI.
Beyond capital, our team brings deep operating experience to each investment we make. We provide guidance from 41 CEOs who are the co-founders of our firm and have built unicorn companies including Wayfair, DraftKings, Ginkgo Bioworks, PillPack and Demandware. We’re often the first-capital-in, surrounding founders with support in the form of talent recruitment, CEO coaching, customer introductions, PR, peer communities and more.
To learn more about Pillar and how we support our companies, please click here.
WHO YOU ARE
A qualified candidate may exude all or some of these qualities:
- You live and breathe crypto and web3; whether you’re a long-time believer or are relatively new to the industry, you’re consumed by all things crypto.
- You have a voracious appetite for researching and learning new things; your curiosity constantly leads you to new ideas and new people.
- You thrive on building new relationships, and are a constant presence at events and in online forums. You enjoy connecting with people and hearing their stories.
- You are a skilled storyteller; you have the ability to distill complex topics into simple concepts that are easy for others to understand.
- You are comfortable navigating financial topics and use data to support decision-making.
- You are extremely organized and have the ability to adapt as priorities evolve.
- You are starting a career in venture capital or are interested in learning about venture capital from the inside before starting your own company one day.
AS A PILLAR VC ASSOCIATE
- Drive Pillar VC’s sourcing efforts through Discord, conferences, automation tools and network-building.
- Meet with founders and prospective customers, helping our investing team evaluate new investments.
- Work closely with a General Partner and the Crypto Team at Pillar VC to nurture new opportunities and assess key investment decisions.
- Support portfolio companies by building relationships with a global network of founders, senior leaders, developers and experts who can help accelerate new company development.
- Research emerging trends in crypto and web3, informing our team about new ideas and opportunities you discover.
- Write about what you’re seeing and learning for our newsletter and blog, sharing your perspective with our community.
If interested, please apply here.