This role reports to the Managing Director and is a key team member of a leading global corporate life sciences venture fund. The fund is focused on investing in bio therapeutics.
The fund’s primary mandate is to optimize financial returns and has done so through historically by focusing on innovative companies seeking to develop products that may be paradigm changing in areas of high-unmet need.
Your primary initial role will be to collaborate with and support senior members of the team. This includes frequently interacting with our external stakeholders in the industry and venture capital, and also internal colleague stakeholders in the Novartis Group Companies. Plus, you will successfully operate in a start-up environment.
The position will be based in Cambridge and will require some travel.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist NVF MD colleagues in all stages of scientific and business due diligence including specific scientific due diligence, investment specific diligence, market analysis and financial modelling, and conducting primary and secondary research.
- Assist in all stages of scientific due diligence in partnership with the NVF team. Particular emphasis will be on the scientific aspects of an investment including competitive analysis of the field, thorough review of publication available and leading discussions with consultants as well as KOLs in the area.
- Review and evaluate new business plans, scientific publications, and data derived by company.
- Prepare and maintain internal documentation on potential investments/portfolio companies, including investment memos and financial analyses.
- Create presentations and build financial models to support new and ongoing investments.
- Support existing portfolio company investments by coordinating interactions with the NVF fund and other parts of Novartis AG (Pharma and NIBR in particular) from time to time to support senior NVF leadership..
- Perform other tasks as necessary to support the team.
If interested, please apply here.