MCIF is a strategic healthcare investment fund wholly owned by MemorialCare Health System. We aim to accelerate entrepreneurial solutions for healthcare systems across the nation by making investments in privately held, early- to mid-stage companies focused on healthcare information technology, healthcare services and medical device innovation. MCIF partners with emerging businesses led by proven management teams. Our portfolio companies offer strong revenue growth potential by developing novel solutions to improve the performance of leading-edge health systems and physician organizations.
- Conducting industry, market and company research as part of the investment team
- Portfolio management and deal execution support, including waterfall and portfolio company milestone tracking
- Quantitative due diligence, including the development and maintenance of business and pricing models, financial modeling including valuation analyses, and deal structuring
- Qualitative due diligence, including assessing the competitive landscape, analyzing business plan assumptions, and evaluating industry trends
- Providing strategic assistance to the Firm’s portfolio companies
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong academic performance
- 1-3 years experience at a top-tier strategy consulting firm, private equity or venture capital, investment bank or business development/corporate development role within industry
- Experience in HIT, health services, and/or medical devices preferred
- Demonstrated ability in modeling and financial analysis as well as experienced in doing research on new markets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – comfortable working with a wide variety of entrepreneurs, as well as interacting with and presenting to large company senior executives
2-3 year position and then likely transition to junior venture partner, operating roles at startups or graduate school.
Salary and performance based bonus consistent with strategic, healthcare venture capital funds.
Boston or Los Angeles
Please send us (1) your resume and (2) a short paragraph (no more than 250 words) describing an investment thesis in HIT, health services, and/or medical devices to firstname.lastname@example.org