LaunchCapital is a seed and early-stage venture capital firm with offices in New Haven, Boston, NYC, and San Francisco. Typically, we invest when teams are raising their first or second round of institutional capital. We invest across a range of industry verticals and in all manner of business models. Check out our portfolio with 130+ active investments here.
We are seeking an Associate to join the firm part-time through the remainder of 2018 and through the beginning of Summer 2019. The firm is looking for an individual who will become an integral part of the firm’s day-to-day operations and investment process. This associate will work closely with the LaunchCapital team, attend pitch meetings, conduct diligence, and share their views on investment opportunities as well as help summarize potential investments and conduct extensive market research.
Our Boston-based associate will be expected to spend ~10 to 12 hours in the office with our investment team each week and be available for up to 20 hours / week in total. There is potential for our Associate to transition to a full-time internship during Summer 2019 contingent on performance. This is a paid role with a monthly stipend.
This is a great opportunity to learn from experienced investment professionals and begin to build your own a track record as an early-stage investor. We invest in and support our team members, and past associates have gone on to found their own startups, become early employees with one of our portfolio companies, or join full-time at other VC funds:
- Assist team with identifying, sourcing, & evaluating new opportunities
- Research market opportunities and develop investment theses
- Produce detailed investment analyses and due diligence questions for potential investments
- Occasionally support portfolio companies on strategic projects
- 1-3 years of experience, preferably at a highly-regarded investment bank, consulting firm, technology company, or VC fund
- Demonstrated academic excellence
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills
- Personal integrity, initiative, quantitative expertise, and the ability to work as an effective part of a team are essential
- Legally qualified to work in the U.S.
If interested, please apply here.