HarbourVest Partners, LLC, is currently seeking candidates for a two- to three-year pre-MBA Investment Associate position on its U.S. Primary Investment team. HarbourVest plans to hire a professional into the group for an immediate or summer 2020 start. This position is based in Boston.
Responsibilities will include performing comprehensive analysis on potential and existing primary partnership fund investment opportunities. This will include such things as reviewing offering memoranda for new funds coming to market, participating in due diligence meetings with buyout, growth, special situation, and venture capital managers; performing reference checks with portfolio company executives; working extensively with financial models; and evaluating overall manager performance by examining underlying portfolio investments. Specific responsibilities may also include regular interaction with fund managers and attendance at due diligence meetings, as well as the annual meetings of various private equity firms. Associates will also have a role in monitoring the firm’s active investments across a variety of private equity fund managers, as well as working with teammates across the HarbourVest organization.
The ideal candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- 1-3 years of institutional limited partner, consulting, or investment banking experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving and quantitative skills.
- High level of maturity and ability to multi-task with little supervision.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with personnel at all levels.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task efficiently with constant regard for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Motivated, self-starter, able to work, independently or as part of a team, under pressure, with changing priorities.
- Distinguished undergraduate academic background.
If interested, please apply here.