This is an opportunity for someone to come into the venture capital space and join our team as an Investment Associate.
This candidate should be a recent college graduate (pre-MBA) and have a background of 1-2.5 years from a top-tier consulting or investment firm (preferably with an Analyst program). Alternately, candidates that have been in strategic groups or young leadership development programs of a Fortune 100 are also encouraged to apply.
Associates at Cue Ball are responsible for prospecting and evaluating new investments, providing strategic and analytical support to portfolio companies, and executing firm-wide initiatives (from intellectual capital projects, to board management, to investor relations). Associates work directly with senior professionals at the firm and entrepreneurs behind potential and current investments.
Top performers at Cue Ball have had strong skills in pattern recognition, analytical capability, entrepreneurial spirit, and experience in investment banking or consulting. Qualified candidates should also have strengths in terms of commercial-mindset, people relationship skills, and a character of openness, humility and empathy.
Cue Ball is a people-first organization and commits to the learning, development, and mentorship of our talent. Investment Associates are frequently on a path to business school but equally can use the experience at Cue Ball to go directly into future start-up, operational, or continued investment roles.
- -1-2.5 years of experience at a top-tier consulting or banking institution or strategy group
- -Exceptional skills in business and data analysis, pattern recognition, and business modeling a plus
- -Strong ability to analyze multiple information sources, synthesize and articulate conclusions
- -Understanding of contemporary technology trends, business models, platforms, and overall macro-economic environment
- – Passion for areas of our investment – consumer branded services, digital media, and enterprise Internet
- – Any past work in areas of inclusionary leadership and gender-neutral / balanced initiatives looked upon favorably (approximately half of Cue Ball’s investments relate to female focused / led ventures)
- -Excel and PowerPoint are table stakes, design and coding skills a plus
- -Strong communications, including excellent writing and speaking ability
- -Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in any area of study
- -Mature personal and relationship skills
IF interested, please apply here.