Associates and Senior Associates at Cue Ball are responsible for:
– Prospecting and evaluating new investments
– Assisting in deal execution and financing
– Providing strategic and analytical support to portfolio companies
– Executing firm-wide initiatives
– Creation of materials for internal and external use
Critical to this role will be an ability to be a self-starter with strong communication and relationship skills to be able to work side-by-side with founders and positively impact their paths to realizing bold visions.
We are a small team of a dozen professionals, and therefore you will work closely and directly with senior professionals and Partners and be able to join in key all weekly investment meetings and help prepare for portfolio board meetings. The role is characterized by a high degree of responsibility, autonomy, and trust. The size of our firm creates a unique opportunity for meaningful impact, learning, and mentorship.
This ideal candidate would be a college graduate with a background of 1-3 years from a leading consulting (e.g. Bain, McKinsey, Parthenon, BCG) or investment banking / private equity firm (preferably with an Analyst program). Alternately, candidates that have been in strategic divisions or leadership development programs of a Fortune 500 are also encouraged to apply.
This candidate should also have strong intellectual curiosity and desire to work across all of our portfolio companies including our diversity and inclusionary efforts (which includes our women-focused ventures).
– Bachelor’s Degree required
– Minimum 1 to 3 years of related work experience; experience at a leading consulting/investment banking/private equity company a distinct plus
– Numeric fluency and experience with business-model building
– Positive attitude and strong work ethic
– Intellectual horsepower and curiosity
– Self-awareness and a desire to learn and develop
– Mature personal and relationship skills
– Excellent writing and speaking ability
– Strong ability to analyze multiple information sources, synthesize and articulate conclusions
– Excel and PowerPoint are table stakes, with coding, data analysis, or design skills a plus
Candidates meeting the above qualifications with more experience (3-5 years) and / or an MBA are encouraged to apply and will be considered for a Senior Associate position.
NY Times Bestselling Book – Heart, Smarts, Guts, and Luck
Good People: The Only Leadership Decision That Really Matters
See MiniLuxe on the Today Show
What The Best Mentors Do by Tony Tjan
What I Learned from a Renowned Product Pricing Specialist by Ali Rahimtula
How WALL-E Makes WALL-E by Dave Giller
View at Medium.com
Inside a VC’s Head: The Pitch by Chiyoung Kim
If interested, please apply here.