Associates at Cue Ball are responsible for prospecting and evaluating new investments, providing strategic and analytical support to portfolio companies, and executing firm-wide initiatives (from our annual private gathering, to intellectual capital projects and investor relations).
Associates work directly with senior professionals at the firm and entrepreneurs behind potential and current investments. The role is characterized by a high degree of responsibility, autonomy, and trust. The size of our firm creates a unique opportunity for meaningful impact, learning, and mentorship.
This candidate should be a recent college graduate (pre-MBA) and have a background of 1-3 years from a top-tier consulting (McKinsey, BCG, Parthenon, Bain) or investment banking / private equity firm (preferably with an Analyst program). Alternately, candidates that have been in strategic divisions or leadership development programs of a Fortune 500 are also encouraged to apply.
Top performers at Cue Ball have all had a strong work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and often some experience in investment banking or consulting.
– Bachelor’s Degree in any area of study
– 1 to 3 years at a top tier consulting/investment banking/private equity experience a distinct plus
– Numeric fluency and experience with business-model building
– Experience with due diligence processes
– Positive attitude and strong work ethic
– Intellectual horsepower and curiosity
– High degree of self-awareness and a desire to learn and develop
– Mature personal and relationship skills
– Excellent writing and speaking ability
– Strong ability to analyze multiple information sources, synthesize and articulate conclusions
– Excel and PowerPoint are table stakes, with coding, data analysis, or design skills a plus