Anzu Partners is a venture capital and private equity firm that invests in breakthrough industrial technologies. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations. We focus on four key industrial areas: manufacturing, materials, monitoring and measurement, and modeling.
Anzu manages ~$300 million in capital commitments and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our portfolio companies and investors. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, L.P., our first fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies.
In April 2019, we announced the launch of our second industrial technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II L.P., which follows a similar investment strategy.
Anzu Partners has offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, Washington, DC and Tampa, FL.
About the role
The Associate will join our Investment team and focus on identification, diligence, and support of startup companies who are developing products and services in industrially oriented hardware and software. Areas of focus will include:
- next generation manufacturing technologies, including in additive manufacturing
- novel materials, including nanomaterials
- robotics and automation solutions
- Machine learning and complex data analysis/simulation
- sensing technologies, including in optics and photonics
Position to be based at our office in Boston, MA.
Key activities include:
- Sourcing – you will form strong networks with entrepreneurs, researchers, and institutions to actively identify new, promising technology companies.
- Diligence – you will evaluate prospective investments by researching companies, participating in pitch calls, evaluating technology, communicating with customers and subject matter experts, and analyzing business metrics.
- Portfolio support – you will advise and assist our founders in business development, operations, and help create connectivity to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience with exposure to business analysis or research & development – whether in investment banking, venture capital, start-ups, management consulting, or a mature technology company.
- Strong analytical skills – An ability to understand the quantitative data and qualitative evidence gathered regarding a potential investment, and synthesize those data points into a recommendation.
- Communication – Strong communication skills, in writing and conversation/presentation.
- BS/MS in the physical, mechanical, or computer sciences
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
If interested, please apply here.