Volition Capital is a leading global growth equity investment firm with over $1.2B in total AUM across 4 funds. The team at Volition has spent the last 12-years working to make an everlasting impact on the lives of our founders, a transformative impact on our portfolio companies, a meaningful impact on the missions of our investors, and a positive impact on the world around us.
Focused on investing in high potential, founder-owned, capital-efficient companies that aspire to lead their markets – and have the proven chops to get there. Volition aims to invest in every sense of the word. We’re extremely selective, and work every day to support our founders, their teams, and their mission. An approach that has allowed us to participate in notable exists in each of our sector focuses: Software (JazzHR, G5, Velocify), Internet (GlobalTranz, Connatix, iPipeline), and Consumer (Chewy.com).
At Volition, we believe that diversity of thought and experience is the key to delivering increased performance and better results. Therefore, we aim to build teams consisting of varied backgrounds, perspectives, capabilities, and interests.
About the Role: 2022 Analyst
The Analyst will play an integral role on our investing team.
- You will be expected to source new and exciting companies to our existing investing pipeline.
- To accomplish this, you will:
- Track and manage a wide range of sourcing resources
- Develop content in areas of thought-leadership and interest
- Be an avid reader, watcher, and listener
- Research new sectors, up and coming companies, and new technologies
- Attending industry conferences both virtual & in-person
- Be inquisitive
- You will be held to a set of metrics that focus on the management, cultivation, and progression of a large portion of the team’s investment pipeline (~ 1000+ companies), with a focus on advancing the best companies towards investment.
- To accomplish this, you will:
- Connect with C-Level executives at companies of interest (via email, cold-call, etc.)
- Conduct initial phone screens to assess potential fit and mutual interest
- Work with others across the organization to improve personal performance
- Engage senior team members to strategize and execute additional conversations
- Advance potential partners, separate where we may not be a fit, and continuously cultivate relationships with prospective companies
- Volition believes that experience is the key to growth in investing, so with success in sourcing and pipeline management comes the opportunity to participate in the due diligence process.
- In diligence, you will:
- Model potential investments and opportunities
- Participate in a variety of management team and expert calls to validate an investment thesis
- Support the senior investment team to drive successful execution of all deal procedures
- Must be in or willing to relocate to the Boston, MA area
- Ability to work in the US
- Are a 2022 undergrad
- Non-traditional investing backgrounds encouraged to apply
- Unmatched work ethic complemented by a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Personable and able to instantly build rapport on a cold call with C-level execs
- Process- and detail-oriented
- Insatiably curious, able to find the fascination in almost anything
- Tenacious, high tolerance for long days in the office
- Nurtures personal and professional relationships over the course of many years
- Humble and eager for mentorship
- Quantitative/analytical by nature
- Enthusiastic about any opportunity for learning
- High-level Excel and modeling ability
- Comfort and willingness to laugh at yourself
If interested, please apply here.