The Corporate Development Analyst reports to the Director, Corporate Development, who is responsible for leading enterprise-level investment, innovation, and transformation projects. The Corporate Development team focuses on preparing Tufts Health Plan for the future – ensuring that the company continues to offer relevant products and services to its constituents, while thriving as an enterprise. Key focus areas include corporate innovation, strategic partnership development, investment and acquisition.
The Analyst will participate in all focus areas, producing research, insights and materials that help the organization develop priorities, make informed decisions, and advance critical initiatives. Key activities may include, but are not limited to (1) industry research, market scans and individual company deep dives, (2) financial modeling and analysis, (3) investment pipeline cultivation and commercial diligence, (4) internal business analysis, and (5) general project management.
The Analyst is likely to work on multiple projects simultaneously and will be expected to work effectively and responsibly with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Industry research and market analysis: Track key developments in the healthcare market – including industry consolidation, emerging sectors, disruptive concepts, and regulatory changes – and leverage findings to shape strategic projects and drive key business and investment decisions
- Investment management: Contribute to and manage a pipeline of investment and acquisition opportunities; surface and track interesting transaction opportunities; support diligence efforts with market research, financial analysis and other risk assessment activities; produce materials for periodic leadership updates
- Enterprise innovation: Provide analytic and administrative support to business leaders that are evaluating innovative business models and initiatives; activities could include market scans, competitor profiles, process maps, impact assessments, vendor communication, data aggregation, general project management, or any other efforts that help our stakeholders drive toward decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years as either:
- a strategy, corporate development, or investment analyst
- a consultant, or
- in an equivalent role with similar responsibilities and deliverables
- Highly proficient in MS Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience in healthcare a plus
- Financial analysis (financial statement review, model development, valuation)
- Market analysis (sizing, segmentation, growth, trends, regulatory impact)
- Ability to convert somewhat ambiguous assignments into well-defined projects
- Ability to collect, organize, and interpret information from a variety of sources and draw a set of reasonable conclusions
- Personal accountability, including the ability to fully own a piece of work and manage against deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written, and presentation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize efforts
- Ability to work collaboratively, yet influence others
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Working Conditions And Additional Requirements
- While this role is of an individual contributor, excellent teamwork and collaboration skills are required.
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
What we build together changes our customer’s health for the better.We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team.Come join us!
If interested, please apply here.