Are you a top performer interested in venture capital? Are you passionate about innovation in the hard tech space (chemistry, materials science, engineering)?
Rhapsody Venture Partners (www.rhapsodyvp.com) is seeking a talented Analyst to join our team in Cambridge, MA. We are an active, early-stage fund deploying capital in applied science and engineering startups. Taking a fresh approach to early-stage investing, we often co-create businesses and join our portfolio companies in operational roles. We help connect startups across the hard tech ecosystem—even ones not in our portfolio—with customers and partners in industry, advancing innovation whenever and wherever we can.
- We are investors and co-creators specializing in “hard tech” startups—breakthroughs in materials science, chemistry, engineering, and manufacturing.
- We operate outside of the comfort zone of most venture capital firms, investigating laboratory-level technologies, questioning traditional value constructs, and leveraging our network to create high-impact, high-return investments.
- We are a tight-knit team of strategists, marketing experts, scientists, and entrepreneurs, and we are passionate about finding solutions to the world’s hardest problems.
At Rhapsody, you will:
- Source promising investment opportunities in applied science and engineering.
- Participate in Rhapsody’s hands-on diligence activity.
- Contribute operationally to our portfolio companies, working with our founders to help grow their businesses.
- Connect the dots between startup capabilities and industry needs to enable opportunities for synergistic development.
- Take ownership over the continuous growth and improvement of our philosophy, process, and success.
This role is for you if you are:
- At home in the world of science. You hold a degree in a physical sciences or engineering field, and you are able to speak the language.
- Uninspired by the latest AI-blockchain-in-the-cloud-app.
- An entrepreneur, not a banker. We are in the business of venture creation, not just financing. Consulting, entrepreneurship, and scientific backgrounds are great!
- A natural collaborator. You thrive in fast-paced, cerebral workplaces, surrounded by top performers like yourself.
- Interested in business development and evangelizing emerging technologies to industry.
- A strategic thinker with deep analytical skills and an ability to see what others have missed. Able to translate complex ideas into content understood by multiple audiences.
- Motivated by the mission of bringing “hard tech” innovation to market for commercial success, the planet, and our society.
About Rhapsody Venture Partners
Rhapsody Venture Partners is a seed-stage venture firm in Cambridge, MA, that funds early-stage applied science and engineering companies. Rhapsody’s team works side-by-side with entrepreneurs to secure anchor customers that reduce time-to-commercialization and accelerate growth. Our portfolio includes exciting high-impact companies such as Apeel Sciences, LiquiGlide, Manus Bio, Hazel Technologies, Fluid Efficiency, Chinova Bioworks, WaveSense and HyperDamping. Learn more at http://www.rhapsodyvp.com.
Think you have the right stuff? Apply below! We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Position is based in Cambridge, MA. US work authorization required.
If interested, please apply here.