We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Innovation is an 125 person business development unit of Partners HealthCare responsible charged with the worldwide commercial application of the unique capabilities and discoveries of its 74,000 employees and faculty. It is responsible for revenue generation through industry collaborations, investing, international consulting, company creation, licensing, and innovation management. It supports the research requirements of its Harvard Medical School appointed faculty and its hospitals including its four core Harvard affiliates – Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Massachusetts Eye and Ear and McLean Hospital.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare presentations for TIF and VC meetings, Investment Committee and Board of Managers
- Analyze, record and report on portfolio investment performance
- Conduct due diligence of potential investments
- Analyze the commercial potential of new technologies arising from the PHS research, clinical services and information technology communities
- With direction, participate in the process of technology analysis, market analysis, business planning, and specific diligence around technical issues including regulatory and reimbursement requirements.
- Identify and develop potential strategic partners and co-investors.
- PhD/MD and/or MBA with lifescience industry background
- 1-2 years experience in relevant biomedical industry sector: operating, consulting or VC
- Knowledge of drug/device research, development, regulatory and reimbursement processes
- Proven ability to successfully function in a large organization and to work as a team member in a multi-functional operating unit.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal and client services skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential matters with utmost discretion
- Top-notch powerpoint capabilities and spreadsheet modeling capability, knowledge of capital structuring
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to relate well to senior leadership and faculty
- Strong appreciation for the Partners value system of academics and care delivery
- Ability to function effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment, organizing and prioritizing efforts and meeting tight deadlines.
If interested, please apply here.