Link Ventures is seeking a full-time data analyst to assist the team with identifying and evaluating early-stage investment opportunities in consumer internet companies, as well as working directly with those companies post-investment. The person selected for this role will have the opportunity to utilize the proprietary data assets within Cogo Labs in a number of different capacities, including identifying opportunities, performing due diligence and conducting competitive research on behalf of Link portfolio companies. The analyst will also have the opportunity to assist the engineering team with development tasks. This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure to the venture capital model in tandem with the incubator approach while working with some of the most powerful data assets on the planet to target and grow the next generation of disruptive consumer internet companies.
- Data Analysis: Write SQL queries to access the data tools within Cogo Labs for a number of different purposes, including but not limited to identifying investment opportunities, analyzing online traffic profiles, and performing competitive research.
- Deal Sourcing: Leverage all available channels (including in particular our proprietary detection algorithm) to surface interesting investment opportunities while building the technology infrastructure to remove manual review processes when possible.
- Due Diligence: Join the team on diligence calls and meetings with outside companies; assist the team with various projects related to market/competitive, product, and financial diligence.
- Portfolio Support: Provide ongoing market and competitive analysis to engage and inform the team and our portfolio companies; support portfolio companies by accessing our databases and conducting analyses on their behalf.
- Project Management: Participate in Link’s project management structure by writing up plans for all significant projects. These plans will include the reason for the project, the investment required, the components of the project, and the desired (measurable) outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university or liberal arts institution in an analytical field such as Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Finance
- Relevant internship or other work experience and extracurricular activities
- High proficiency in writing queries using SQL and working in Excel
- Basic understanding of finance and financial modeling
- Python knowledge a plus, though not required
- Analytically minded, data-driven, detail-oriented
- Intellectually curious, as demonstrated by asking pertinent questions
- Highly motivated and hard-working
- Enthusiastic and passionate, bringing a can-do attitude to all assignments
- Articulate and effective as a communicator, with the ability to make a strong case when presenting findings and recommendations
- Enthusiastic and effective as a relationship manager, possessing the ability to foster relationships with external parties (entrepreneurs, marketers, investors, et al.) and demonstrate the value of our data
- Organized and capable of prioritizing tasks while managing multiple projects at once
- A team player, excited to work with a small, tight-knit group
- Open to feedback, actively asking for advice and responding positively to suggestions and constructive criticism
- Flexible and able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions; enjoys working in and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Passionate and interested in pursuits outside of work (you aren’t just your résumé!)
IF interested, please apply here.