Lineage Capital seeks to hire an Analyst or Associate to join its investment team in Boston. This position will ideally have a Spring/ Summer 2022 start date.
Lineage Capital Overview
Lineage Capital invests exclusively in owner-managed businesses. Our unique partnership approach provides significant liquidity to committed business owners while enabling them to retain board control and a meaningful investment in their companies. We focus on high-quality, lower middle-market businesses with at least $4 million in EBITDA that desire a value-added partner to facilitate their future growth and success.
The Analyst/Associate will support Lineage’s investment team in all aspects of the investment process, including initial evaluation of new investment opportunities, financial modeling, in-depth company and industry due diligence, transaction execution, and portfolio monitoring. As part of a small investment team, the candidate will have a unique opportunity to work closely with senior professionals and management teams of portfolio companies. The Analyst/Associate will focus their efforts on financial analysis, information management, industry research, and presentation development. Analysts and Associates are integral members of Lineage’s deal team and active participants in all aspects of the firm’s investment process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluating new investment opportunities through memorandum review, data analysis, industry research, calls with investment bankers, etc.;
- Preparing indications of interest and participating in management meetings for new investment opportunities;
- Supporting due diligence efforts and drafting investment memorandums;
- Monitoring portfolio companies and assisting with strategic and quantitative analyses;
- Tracking macroeconomic and industry trends affecting portfolio companies and industries of interest for potential investment; and
- Assisting in written communications with Limited Partners
Over time, with additional experience, the Analyst/Associate will also be responsible for:
- Coordinating in-depth due diligence activities (including managing third-party diligence service providers); and
- Providing support on all aspects of transaction execution (including financial modeling, structuring, documentation, and financing)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Relevant Experience: Zero to two years of work experience. Experience working with financial statements (through internship or entry-level work) will be viewed favorably. Lineage will provide on-the-job training for key aspects of the role. Financial modeling exposure and excellent computer skills (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint) a strong plus
- Strong Communication Skills:The ability to communicate (both verbally and in writing) effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents
- Educational Credentials: A four-year degree with outstanding academic performance is required. Coursework or concentration in finance, accounting, economics, or mathematics a strong plus
The candidate selected for this position will be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic and desire to work independently. They must possess excellent quantitative, interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills. The Analyst/Associate must be detail oriented, organized, and able to consistently deliver accurate and timely work products. They must be able to multi-task and work for several people at the same time, including senior executives at portfolio companies.
If interested, please apply here.