This is a highly visible role on the Liberty Mutual Strategic Ventures (LMSV) team. LMSV is the corporate venture capital arm of Liberty Mutual Insurance and supports insurance operations with over $40B in revenue.
LMSV is hiring an Analyst to join the $150M venture fund focusing on early-stage investments in companies reshaping the insurance landscape. Areas of investment focus include the Future of Shelter, (Re)Insurance, Mobility, Small Business, Risk, Cyber, and Climate Change.
This role supports the team’s market research, opportunity identification, screening, due diligence, operations, and portfolio reporting efforts. The Analyst will report to the Director on the team and work cross-functionally across the entire organization to support the venture fund’s operations and deal process.
As part of the Strategic Ventures team, the Analyst will support the fund’s portfolio analytics and reporting while also proactively sourcing and evaluating potential startup investments. They will also conduct primary and secondary market research into areas of strategic interest and prepare analyses of the results. This position is designed to be a long-term investing role and provides unparalleled experience and exposure to Venture Capital, Corporate Strategy, and Business Development.
This role is based in Boston and expected to involve working from the Back Bay office 2-3 days per week. It may also involve occasional travel to conferences, industry events, or startup headquarters for diligence purposes.
- Support the process to identify, track, and monitor start-ups of interest in relevant markets. Assist with screening and summarizing opportunities for evaluation by the broader Strategic Ventures team.
- Assist and support due diligence on investment opportunities and help to prepare investment recommendation memos.
- Conduct primary and secondary research into markets and trends of strategic relevance to Liberty Mutual. Summarize these results in impactful, polished reports and presentations targeted for senior and C-level executives.
- Represent the fund externally at industry events to develop a VC and entrepreneur network.
- Engage with colleagues across the Liberty business units to identify areas of investment need and prepare strategic business cases for potential investments.
- Work with current portfolio companies to gather investor updates and track financial performance.
- Support the fund’s operational processes via financial analysis, reporting, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and updates for investment committee, leadership, and other fund stakeholders.
Job Specifications:Reference: 2022-45891
Category: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: Boston, MA
Schedule: Full-TimeSalary: USD-$80,200.00-–-$105,000.00-/-Year
If interested, please apply here.