As a Senior Venture Analyst, you will be focusing on supporting the management and expansion of Avery Dennison’s venture investment portfolio.
In your role as Senior Venture Analyst, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
- Researching market opportunities and trends
- Develop networks for potential opportunities by going to conferences and scouting companies that may be a good with our portfolio
- Engaging actively in a variety of startup ecosystems to uncover opportunities and generate substantial deal flow
- Sourcing opportunities for venture investment or other form of strategic partnership (licensing, JDA, etc.)
- Supporting venture investment team members in the development of the investment thesis for an opportunity
- Cultivating strong relationships in the venture community (financial acquirers, capital providers, startups, advisers, etc.) to drive meaningful connections for Avery Dennison’s venture portfolio
- Evaluation of customers’ unmet needs, market size & trends, technologies, fit to Avery Dennison, competitive advantage, channel access, manufacturing capabilities, and financials
Desired Skills and Experience
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, or related majors / concentration preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a related field required. Prior experience working in investment banking, private equity or venture capital preferred.
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to translate novel capabilities uncovered by technology scouting team into compelling business opportunities
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations for senior leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take on increased responsibility, special initiatives, and leadership role
- Great networking skills
- Travel up to 10%
If interested, please apply here.