Vertex Ventures HC (http://www.vertexventureshc.com) is part of a global venture fund network under Vertex Venture Holdings, a fund anchored by Temasek Holdings, with offices in Silicon Valley, Boston and Singapore. Vertex Ventures HC invests globally in various sectors of the healthcare industry, including biopharmaceuticals and medical devices with ~$350M under management.
We are looking for an Associate/Senior Associate to join our growing team in Boston, MA. You will be part of a collaborative and international team and have a broad range of exposure to early-stage science, clinical development, business operations, venture investing and portfolio management.
We invite candidates with these qualifications to apply:
- MD or PhD from a top-tier university and strong scientific/clinical acumen
- Relevant experience in operating role in industry, finance, PE/VC, business development or consulting with a life science industry focus (min 3 years)
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry, trends and players
- Strong network in the life sciences community
- Passion and curiosity for medical innovation and entrepreneurship
- Genuine, humble, self-starter with good EQ
As an integral part of the team, an Associate/Sr. Associate will:
- Screen business plans and conduct primary industry diligence, including review of scientific literature, clinical, IP and financial data
- Conduct interviews with physicians, clinicians, consultants and investors
- Develop market landscape assessments and generate new investment theses for potential investments is biotech and medical device companies
- Attend company presentation meetings; Attend industry/scientific conferences to stay up to date on emerging data
- Build financial models and cap tables to guide investment decisions
- Prepare and develop investment thesis and presentation materials to the Investment Committee
- Monitor and manage the performance of portfolio companies post investment
- Maintain up to date information to manage deal flow, portfolio companies and industry statistics
- Support internal company activities i.e., annual meetings, fundraising and internal operations
Interested candidates should complete this candidate form and complete a 2 min YouTube introduction on yourself: https://forms.gle/bjQALYCBRU2cEYUf6
Note: Seniority of position will be based on the qualifications & experience of candidates.
If interested, please apply here.