HarbourVest is seeking to hire a Senior Associate, QIS Client Specialist to focus on supporting the external investment strategy work of the Quantitative Investment Science (QIS) team. The Specialist will sit within the QIS team, and report directly to the QIS Client Strategist.
With a mission of utilizing data and analytics to enhance to investment decision-making, the QIS team is a centralized, 18-member team focused on quantitative research, model development, external investment advisory, and risk monitoring. The team’s mandate extends internally across the HarbourVest investment platform as well as externally to prospect, clients, consultants, and our general partner relationships.
The Senior Associate, QIS Client Specialist role is that of a generalist focused on supporting the commercialization effort through content creation, project management, ongoing research, strategic business planning, competitor analysis, product development support, and firm-wide relationship building.
This role requires demonstrated knowledge and passion for effective communicating investments and market analysis, particularly for private equity investing. This includes a strong ability to frame and synthesize complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods, comfort with a wide range of financial data and concepts, combined with strong communication skills, pro-activity, and intellectual curiosity. He/she must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in a multi-faceted role, where priorities can change rapidly.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge and fascination with investment data, asset allocation, portfolio construction and financial markets
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills; late-stage candidates will be asked to participate in a case exercise
- Creative problem-solving skills, solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong judgment, curiosity, comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse team
- History of personal growth and desire for feedback
- Leadership skills, grace under pressure, flexibility, utmost integrity, ability to get things done
Investment Content Development and Delivery: 70%
- Assist in all aspects of the development and publication of thought leadership written and presentation documents
- Assist in client-based investment projects and responding to ad-hoc inquiries
- Ensure compliance best practices are incorporated into all external documents
- Analyze and communicate industry trends, competitor research, and topical issues
- Actively participate in external meetings with clients, prospects, and consultants (over time).
Project Management and Networking: 30%
- Pro-actively develop trust-based relationships with investment and business constituents across the organization
- Oversee the timely execution and quality of QIS deliverables
- Track and quantify the impact of the commercialization of QIS content
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of QIS
Relevant advanced degrees (e.g. MBA, Masters in Finance, CFA, CAIA) preferred
5+ years industry experience inclusive of strategy consulting
If interested, please apply here.