Green D Ventures is a part of Alumni Ventures Group, a fast-growing organization that builds and manages alumni and focused venture capital funds. Our corporate headquarters, located in Manchester, NH, provides back-office support and other resources to our funds across the country. On an annual basis, these funds raise money from individual, accredited investors to invest in venture and other alternative assets. With over 80 team members in our offices in Manchester, Boston, New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, AVG has launched more than 20 venture funds over the past five years. We are underway with plans for another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As Green D Ventures, the only fund of its kind for Dartmouth College alumni continues to grow, we are looking to further expand our investing capacity. To that end, we’re seeking an experienced, full-time Senior Associate who will source, evaluate, conduct due diligence and execute venture investments for Green D Ventures and AVG. A newly created position, the Senior Associate will successfully initiate, grow and leverage relationships with entrepreneurs to help further develop Green D Venture’s portfolio.
As Senior Associate, you’ll be joining a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial organization where you’ll have input into the creation of a unique, diversified, fast-growing portfolio and the opportunity to work with Green D’s exceptional investment team and committee. You will be leveraging a well-vetted playbook, back office support, and processes created by Alumni Ventures Group as the parent company to Green D Ventures to help in executing your role. You will report to the Green D Managing Partner and will work closely with Green D Ventures’ Partner on all things investing.
This is a full-time position based in our new Boston, MA Post Office Square office. You will be a salaried employee of AVG, with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
- Must be a Dartmouth graduate (inclusive of the College and all graduate schools)
- Venture Capital or direct investing experience is preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, finance or product management, business development or in a high-impact role in an entrepreneurial organization.
- Experience working simultaneously on multiple projects and managing a high-volume of relationships
Requirements for an ideal candidate
- Desire to build a career and further skills and experience in venture investing
- Has been part of a successful small team or start-up organization and/or has led new projects or built initiatives from the ground up
- Communication skills:
– leverages a direct communication style to raise questions and name concerns early
– professional in written and verbal communication
– is able to engage a mature business audience
- Ability to quickly comprehend, evaluate and distill a venture’s business model, market opportunity and team
- Aptitude to learn about the venture capital community including leading investment funds and partners, historical successes and failures
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated interest and experience in emerging companies, and some experience in company research and due diligence preparation
- Curious and eager to learn, willing to take on new responsibilities at all levels with enthusiasm
- Experience successfully managing multiple, complex projects at the same time
- Demonstrated excellent time-management skills to capture and execute on near-term and long-term tasks
- Good networker, with an ability to help grow our system and process for identifying investment opportunities
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, balanced by an ability to get and communicate the big picture
- Self-starter and independent manager, but a good team player
- Smart, creative thinker and problem-solver, fast learner, with demonstrated initiative
- Open to feedback, mentoring, and growing within a supportive Green D and AVG team
- Network with Dartmouth alums in the venture community
- Participate in the identification of deal sourcing targets
- Support construction and evaluation of fund portfolio:
- Conduct outreach to VCs, entrepreneurs, incubators, and more to help fill our deal pipeline with prospects
- Educate deal sources and companies/entrepreneurs about our process and effectively manage relationships in a professional, courteous manner
- Evaluate ~25 companies per week resulting in deep-dives on 3-5 per month and investment into ~25 per year to create a balanced portfolio across industry/sector, stage and geography
- Research and evaluate each company and industry as a potential investment, including interviewing company teams, competitors, and customers
- Work closely with AVG sibling funds to identify mutual interesting investment opportunities
- Manage deal flow and related database inputs
- Develop and maintain proprietary deal and market intelligence
- Orchestrate and execute Investment Committee meetings
- Prep and distribute due diligence packages for the Investment Committee
(IC) and AVG sibling funds to review
- Present companies and respond to Managing Partner, Partner, and LP questions
- Help supervise back-end functions like moving deals through closing, monitoring historical portfolios, and tracking statistics for the team
- Contribute positively to AVG’s culture
If interested, please apply here.