The Strategic Ventures team is hiring a Senior Analyst to help it manage GRM’s $150M corporate venture capital fund, focusing on early-stage investments in companies reshaping the future of insurance. This role supports the team’s efforts in market research, opportunity identification and screening, due diligence, operations, and portfolio reporting. He/she will report to the Principal on the team and will work cross-functionally across the entire organization to support the venture fund’s operations and strategic vision.
As part of the Strategic Ventures team, he/she will be responsible for developing and driving the ongoing process to proactively scan and evaluate potential deals and support the fund’s portfolio analytics and reporting. He/she will also conduct primary and secondary market research into areas of strategic interest and prepare high quality analyses of the results. The Strategic Ventures team spends its time working both internally and externally with senior level leaders and executives. This role provides unparalleled experience and exposure to Venture Capital, Corporate Strategy and Development, and the dynamic world of Insurance Technology innovation.
- Conduct primary and second research into markets of strategic relevance. Summarize these results in impactful, polished reports and presentations targeted for senior and C-level executives.
- Support the process to identify, track, and monitor start-ups of interest in relevant markets. Assist with screening opportunities and summarizing them for evaluation with the broader Strategic Ventures team.
- Perform due diligence on vetted investment opportunities and help prepare investment recommendation memos.
- Represent the fund externally at industry events to develop a VC and entrepreneur network
- Work with colleagues around the business to identify areas of investment need and evaluate the impact of potential investments to prepare a strategic business case.
- Work with our current portfolio companies to collect regular investor updates, track their financial performance, and assist their business development initiatives within Liberty Mutual.
- Support the fund’s operational and reporting processes via meticulous financial analysis, reporting, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Assist in preparing presentations for investment committee, leadership and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of proven experience in venture capital/private equity (investor or start-up side), investment banking, consulting, or a corporate role such as Corporate Development, Corporate Finance, Partnerships, or Innovation.
- General knowledge of insurance or fintech preferred but not mandatory.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong business, strategy development, analytical, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; highly collaborative
- Expertise with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
If interested, please apply here.