Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and the technology we provide transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We recognize that over 100,000 employees across six continents have different interests and aspirations. We inspire, challenge and respect each and every one of them, every day. And we provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as an Investment Analyston our Dell Technologies Capitalteam in Hopkinton, MA.
Seeking a financial analyst to work on various initiatives in a dynamic, fast paced environment within a premier corporate venture firm. Successfully assist with many activities within the Dell Technologies Capital venture organization. You will deliver key market analyses, complete valuation and exit analysis, and conduct startup/early stage scans for landscape analysis as well as financial modelling.We want you if you are an individual with exceptional organizational, and communication skills; can handle multiple project tasks while working within deadlines and interacting effectively across many levels of management.
- Conduct early stage venture market analysis, startup landscapes, market opportunity sizing, and assess emerging venture areas
- Complete financial analysis for valuations and exit analysis
- Responsible for managing and tracking new start-ups
- Input portfolio data into tracking tool for financial modeling and portfolio reporting
- Research and develop market intelligence overviews and strategic tie-ins to Dell Technologies Strategically Aligned Businesses ( e.g. DELL, DELL|EMC, Virtustream, Pivotal, VMware, RSA, SecureWorks)
- Work with Sr. Mgmt. and Managing Directors on refining investment themes, market landscapes
- Work with all Managing Directors and Sr. Management on strategic issues and directed investment opportunities
CANDIDATE SKILLS/EXPERTISE REQUESTED
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
- Regularly reviews technology blogs and research reports (e.g. VentureBeat, and TechCrunch, etc.)
- Some working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce Knowledge a plus
- Ability to conduct primary research on a wide range of technology and business areas
- Some experience with scripting and parsing tools and techniques, SQL, databases, and use of open source software
- Likes to collaborate and can work independently with a willingness to work small projects for quick implementation with little direction
- Some Project/Program/Finance and Business Development experience
- A preliminary understanding of the venture capital industry and structure
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, attention to detail
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If interested, please apply here.