The Lead/Senior Investment Analyst is responsible for modeling, evaluating, analyzing and providing structuring support on all acquisitions and divestitures of Transactions in Avangrid’s Renewables group. The role will also provide analysis and evaluation of projects in new business lines to support the renewables team’s achievement of its grow objectives and to maintain its position as an industry leader.
The Investment Office is primarily accountable for evaluating all renewable investment transactions. As well as performing global internal analysis and tracking market and competitor trends. It serves as both a challenger and partner to the business with respect to transaction analysis, pipeline evaluation, and global analysis. The team, which also has international relationships, heavily interacts with other local departments such as Control, Finance, Risk Management and Fundamentals.
The analyst will work closely with commercial teams on transactions to acquire, divest or finance with partners. The analyst will also support teams developing projects with new technologies or in new lines of business. The position also will have a strong relationship with the Global Iberdrola Investment office. He/she will also interact with stakeholders from other business units supporting transactions or development of projects in new business lines.
This position will report to the manager of New Investments of the Investment Office, group part of the Planning & Analysis department.
- Modeling the value, pricing and risk of both development opportunities in new businesses and asset acquisitions and divestitures.
- Review, evaluate and as a consultant to the transaction team help to structure key transaction terms in all transaction documents including but not limited to purchase and sale agreements, LLC operating agreements, and associated service agreements.
- Ensure that all key terms in the transaction documents are represented in the models and evaluations and correctly communicated to management.
- Facilitating the approval process for projects and making sure management makes decision with the best information available.
- Providing an independent challenge to business opportunities from a global/company perspective.
- Providing the modeling of asset performance for the evaluation of project and financings involving opportunities with partners in conjunction with Finance and Control.
- Consolidate project specific information enabling the comparison and analysis from a global perspective.
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, or related field is required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the utility/energy industry
- Demonstrated business, financial analysis skills, and substantial experience with DCF and alternate valuation methods.
- Knowledge of partnerships, tax equity financing, project finance, structured finance and M&A transactions is a plus.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the business.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills, combined with written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Microsoft Office advance user (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- English language proficiency, both written and verbal. Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
If interested, please apply here.