Aberdeen Standard Investments (ASI) manages over $600 billion of assets, making it one of the largest active management firms in the world. Within private markets, ASI offers institutional investors a wide array of capabilities including private equity, venture capital, infrastructure, private credit and real assets. The firm’s scale, breadth of expertise and geographic reach enable it to deliver market-leading private-market solutions globally, with a strong presence in the United States.
We are currently seeking candidates for the role of Global Venture Capital Sr. Analyst to join our Boston-based venture capital team. In this role, the successful candidate will gain access to a multitude of venture capital strategies and investment types, including primary fund investments, secondary investments, and direct equity co-investments. The Global Venture Capital analyst role offers an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to further develop their knowledge of venture capital and pursue a long term career in the industry.
The main focus of the analyst role is to provide investment and business support to the private equity team by:
- Screening new investment opportunities
- Assisting in the due diligence process and preparation of investment recommendation papers for funds and companies that represent attractive investment opportunities
- Carrying out portfolio data analysis and financial modelling
- Monitoring of existing investments and portfolios
- Highly analytical with experience conducting financial analysis, with a strong knowledge of Excel
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong accounting and finance skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to build and nurture personal relationships with a diverse range of people/personalities at a variety of different levels
- An undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, or other such relevant discipline
- Familiarity with investing concepts advantageous
- Prior involvement with private markets investments a plus
- 2 to 3 years of post-undergraduate work experience
- Teamwork – is supportive of colleagues and is willing to share ideas and listen to others
- Information gathering – knows where to get relevant information and will make use of all available sources
- Focus – plans work to achieve outputs within agreed and often strict timescales; schedules daily work and does not rely on others to prioritize activities
- Communicating & influencing – explains things clearly whether verbally or in writing and can present information in a clear and concise manner
- Preference for action – takes ownership for work and will see things through; can work under minimal supervision and can use own initiative
- Responsibility – demonstrates strong work ethic and takes initiative to meet client needs; looks for opportunities to create value for the client
- Tenacity – copes well with high volumes of work and thrives in a fast paced work environment
- Networking – builds a range of contacts internally and uses their knowledge to gain business advantage
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace where all forms of difference are valued and which is free from any form of unfair or unlawful treatment. We define diversity in its broadest sense – this includes but is not limited to our diversity of educational and professional backgrounds, experience, cognitive and neurodiversity, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief and ethnicity and geographical provenance. Standard Life Aberdeen supports a culture that values meritocracy, fairness and transparency and welcomes enquiries from everyone.
If interested, please apply here.