- Conduct primary and second research into markets of strategic relevance. Summarize these results in impactful, polished reports and presentations targeted for senior and C-level executives.
- Support the process to identify, track, and monitor start-ups of interest in relevant markets. Assist with screening opportunities and summarizing them for evaluation with the broader Strategic Ventures team.
- Perform due diligence on vetted investment opportunities and help prepare investment recommendation memos.
- Represent the fund externally at industry events to develop a VC and entrepreneur network
- Work with colleagues around the business to identify areas of investment need and evaluate the impact of potential investments to prepare a strategic business case.
- Work with our current portfolio companies to collect regular investor updates, track their financial performance, and assist their business development initiatives within Liberty Mutual.
- Support the fund’s operational and reporting processes via meticulous financial analysis, reporting, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Assist in preparing presentations for investment committee, leadership and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 1-2 years of proven experience in venture capital/private equity (investor or start-up side), investment banking, consulting, or a corporate role such as Corporate Development, Corporate Finance, Partnerships, or Innovation.
- General knowledge of insurance or fintech preferred but not mandatory.
- Must possess and be able to demonstrate strong business, strategy development, analytical, project management, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; highly collaborative
- Expertise with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel required.
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
We’re dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
If interested, please apply here.