Jump Capital is a venture capital firm in Chicago, Illinois that backs entrepreneurs with a bold vision seeking a business partner and not just a financial investor. Jump is a multi-stage investor providing series-A to growth-stage capital with a focus on data-driven technology companies in the FinTech, Enterprise IT & Data Infrastructure, B2B Application SaaS and Digital Media sectors. Jump is currently investing from our $200million 6th fund which closed in Q4 of 2019.
Jump is a thesis-led investor with the mindset that it is important to have depth of understanding within microsegments of sectors to be effective partners. We also work to be active and engaged investors that bring our own operating successes and failures to bare when we partner with companies. Great founders are not confined to a geography and, with over 50% of our investments outside the coasts, we seek opportunity wherever it takes us.
This person will play a central role in evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses and supporting portfolio companies. The ideal candidate will identify high-potential companies based on thesis development (what we believe about a specific market) and network development (getting referred to the best companies). S/he will also play a key role in the diligence and decision process, and work with our portfolio companies to ensure their success.
Key responsibilities include:
Sourcing and Deal Execution
- Outreach and ongoing communication with founders and CEOs
- Identifying and nurturing venture and growth capital investment opportunities
- Assist relationship development efforts with other VCs and Jump partners
- Perform comprehensive and in-depth investment theses research and maintain relationships with subject matter experts
- Evaluating investment opportunities and conducting due diligence
- Executing new and follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modeling
- Working with Jump’s Operating Partners to advise and assist portfolio companies across a variety of functions including finance, accounting, business development, talent, and corporate development
Network and Market Development
- Support marketing efforts to enhance Jump Capital’s brand and visibility
- Engage with the entrepreneurial community and represent Jump Capital across industry sectors and geographies
- Passion for working with early-stage companies, great instincts, and a unique perspective
- Ideal candidates will have a least 3-5 years of work experience
- Preferably experience in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking, Venture Capital or Private Equity
- Individuals with experience in Product, Engineering or other operating functions within a high growth tech startup are also welcome
- Experience in financial modeling and data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on projects
- You must be a self-starter, have a strong analytic backbone, and be comfortable expressing your point-of-view
- We are looking for candidates that are curious, eager to understand how evolving industries create opportunity for new technology and to imagine the business models that will thrive in those future markets
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or a technical field preferred but not required
- We are a meritocracy
- We take our work very seriously but not ourselves
- We have our convictions but we’re good listeners
- We celebrate our wins and learn from the losses
- We try very hard to put ourselves in our founders shoes
Note: the location of the position is in Chicago.
If interested, please reach out to Jason@jumpcap.com with your resume