The role offers the opportunity to work as a Vice President in GP Bullhound’s rapidly growing Paris team as we expand our technology investment banking franchise across Europe. As part of one of the leading teams in its niche in the region, you will be day-to-day responsible for investment banking projects, advising entrepreneurs, corporates and financial investors on sell-side and buy-side M&A, private placements, SPAC deals, and IPOs.
The ideal candidate has a passion for making an impact in technology and is driven by the prospect of developing a skill set for deal-making in the industries of tomorrow, including software, fintech, digital media, marketplaces/e-commerce, and digital services.
As part of a next-generation investment bank who pioneered the use of technology tools such as Slack and Zoom half a decade ago, you will enjoy adopting new tools and challenging the status quo. GP Bullhound has been forming the European tech scene for 20 years, having worked with success stories such as Spotify, EcoVadis, Klarna, Slack, and Revolut, and is now helping the technology leaders to build the future.
The tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day leadership of investment banking projects in the technology sector, often in a cross-border setting
- Supporting dealmakers in origination by independently doing first meetings with entrepreneurs and financial investors
- Building your own network with the next generation of technology leaders in France and globally
- Coordinate with and lead co-advisors including legal advisors and financial and commercial consultants
- Develop valuable sector expertise in GP Bullhound’s focus sub-sectors (software, fintech, digital media, marketplaces/e-commerce, and digital services)
- Present at GP Bullhound events, including our annual Technology Predictions event
- Provide training and support to juniors
- Author sector research
- Minimum of 5 years of experience from investment banking, management consulting, private equity, or venture capital (preferably at least 3 of these years in investment banking)
- Demonstrable passion for technology through past work experience, personal interests, activity in societies and communities, or other extracurriculars
- Analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to connect high-level strategic thinking to the nuances in company’s financials
- High degree of maturity working effectively in a distributed team while liaising with members of the wider organisation in Europe, United States and Asia
- Personal fit with GP Bullhound’s culture of kindness, open-mindedness, honesty, and teamwork
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Love of sports, the outdoors and travelling – the culture of GP Bullhound is built around a healthy lifestyle
If interested, please apply here.