We are seeking a senior investment professional to help build our firm. The role will encompass all aspects of the investment process – from thesis-generation, to origination, diligence, company support, and exit – as well as team management and firm building responsibilities to support the development of a diverse, inclusive, cohesive and high performing investment team.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in building a top-performing, mission-oriented firm from the ground level. If interested, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 6+ years of professional experience including 4+ years of investing (venture, growth or buyout) experience; open to tech operators with <4 years investing experience
- Exceptional relationship building skills, with an established and respected network
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrable experience of coaching and training team members
- Strong communicator, with an ability to connect, negotiate and partner with key stakeholders
- A passion for and demonstrable interest in our mission, either from one’s professional and/or personal experience, and a desire to further our mission as an investor and firm-builder
- An entrepreneurial mentality and worldview
- Analytical, data-driven decision maker
- A commitment to evaluate ideas objectively and on their merits
- Credible in a room of senior executives and operators
- Open, collaborative, empathetic and transparent
- High ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility and character
- Strong work ethic without a high ego
About Avenue Growth Partners
Based in Washington, DC, Avenue Growth Partners is a mission-oriented growth capital firm partnering with high-growth B2B software companies at the expansion stage. Our mission is to pave a path for women and people of color in growth equity by building a lasting firm with industry-leading returns. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team.
Avenue partners with high-quality B2B software companies with $3-8M of ARR, growing ~100% YoY in a capital-efficient manner (no-to-low burn). As non-control investors (~20-30% ownership positions), we serve as active board members and engaged partners to our portfolio companies.
Founders Brian Goldsmith (ex-Bain Capital Ventures) and Ryan Russell (ex-JMI Equity) have a 15-year relationship, 20 years of combined investment experience, and have previously invested $500M+ into 20+ B2B software companies.
If interested, please apply here.