ZX Ventures is the global growth and innovation group within AB InBev, the world’s leading global brewer. We were created with a mandate to nurture, support, and grow the products and services of tomorrow. We are here to invest ahead of the curve: seeding, launching, and scaling new products that deliver exceptional consumer experiences and bring (more) people together.
Here at ZX, our goal is to empower entrepreneurs to unlock exponential growth.We partner with devoted founders and best-in-class business builders to help them grow their businesses.
The Investment Principal will be a seasoned investment professional who supports the Investment Partner on sourcing, leading, negotiating, and managing the firm’s New Venture Fund investments. They help manage the deal process leading more junior team members in sourcing and diligence. The Investment Principal is also one of the main points of contact for portfolio companies, managing for existing deals and support existing investments through developing strategies to accelerate the growth of the businesses.
- Leads deal team all stages of investment including deal origination, market analysis, modeling, due diligence, structuring, legal documentation, negotiation, and investment committee presentations
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies to analyze portfolio and assist with quarterly reviews with senior venture team
- Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review, as well as providing operational advisory or connections to accelerate the growth of businesses
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Supports development of investment theses and generates investment opportunities or acquisition ideas.
- Develop an “informed perspective” of assigned sectors, including managing and building brand and relationships with: external companies in the marketplace, industry leaders and members of the internal ABI ecosystem.
- Progressive experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, relevant corporate development role, or some combination of the above.
- Significant Venture Capital experience the supply chain, logistics, and/or technology industry
- Ability to lead, self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent investment judgments
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; “big picture” view with attention to detail is critical
- Impressive written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong financial modelling capabilities / Professional Excel and PowerPoint experience
BE EMPOWERED BY PEOPLE.
Work with passionate partners and industry leaders, including entrepreneurs, investors, operators, and innovators who are dreaming of changing the world…and then doing it. You’ll have the chance not just to work with them, but to become one of them. We’re a company of owners, which means you can count on your colleagues because they’re as vested in this dream as you are.
LEARN QUICKLY. GROW QUICKLY.
You’ll explore uncharted territory, creating, investing in and leading businesses, products, and models that didn’t exist before. The result? You have the opportunity – and the expectation – to learn something new. And you’ll learn quickly, because accepting big challenges is in your DNA.
GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
At ZX Ventures, you’ll have the opportunity to build the future of an industry, backed by its leader. What does that mean? A startup environment with access to AB InBev’s resources. Centuries of expertise spanning 150 countries and 180,000 colleagues. Brands that have been bringing people together for generations. The possibilities for your career are endless.
If interested, please apply here.