As Principal of Tin Shed Ventures and Corporate Development, you will report directly as to the Managing Director of Tin Shed Ventures and Corporate Development. In this role you will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and recommending investments in support of the company’s mission to save our home planet, as well as evaluate new business models and strategic initiatives to help accelerate Patagonia’s impact and increase its financial sustainability for the next fifty years.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee deal sourcing, market analysis, due diligence, financial assessment/screening, and recommend startup investments to achieve Patagonia’s impact and financial goals.
- Support portfolio management of existing Tin Shed investments, and assist portfolio companies in connecting with Patagonia product and marketing teams, industry experts and additional investors.
- Develop metrics and reporting requirements to monitor and manage financial performance, impact performance, (e.g. environmental footprint mitigation), and refine reporting needed from portfolio companies in order to provide insights to senior leadership.
- Curate strong relationships in the venture community and participate in conferences and panels as a Tin Shed representative.
- Support existing lines of businesses with analysis, business planning and pilot partnership opportunities to advance critical Patagonia initiatives.
- Work with senior management, Finance, Legal, and other internal stakeholders to perform business analysis to support the evaluation of company-wide projects and opportunities.
- Create financial models and operating plans in support of new market development, including new verticals, new business models and geographic expansion.
- Lead preparation of well-argued and structured presentations to senior management as required
Who You Are
- Strategic: able to think big picture and understand how macroeconomics, climate change and cultural changes will impact investment strategies
- Mission Driven: care deeply about saving our home planet
- Execution Oriented: able to drive work against priorities and drive urgency towards critical initiatives to a successful outcome
- Collaborative: act as a team player both internally and externally, build trusted relationships, and manage cross functional processes with ease
- Strong Communicator: excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-initiated: able to execute against priorities and goals without oversight
- Financially savvy: can discern and recommend to Patagonia which financial outcome is best amid ambiguity
Experience You Bring
- B.A./B.S. (finance, economics); MBA highly desired
- Minimum 6-8 years’ transactional experience in venture capital, M&A, joint ventures, technology licensing, corporate development, financial analysis and strategic planning.
- Experience in defining industry sector trends; preferably in climate solutions.
- A demonstrated track record of success of leading and negotiating strategic transactions and venture capital investments.
- Strong skills in strategic and quantitative analysis, project management.
- Excellent applications experience (MS Excel, PowerPoint required).
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities.
- Impeccable oral and verbal communications and presentation skills, and experience presenting to business leaders and executives.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive, inclusive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
If interested, please apply here.