PepsiCo Ventures Group’s role is to manage the strategic corporate venture capital program of PepsiCo. PepsiCo Ventures Group’s mission is to invest globally in early-stage and high-growth companies, to educate the PepsiCo organization on the evolving consumer needs, expanding business models, emerging technologies, and to accelerate the development of the portfolio companies. PepsiCo Ventures Group’s aims is to be a leading value-adding strategic investor in the global consumer venture capital community.
We are currently seeking an experienced and driven individual to join our Ventures Group team.
- Being a leader and representative for the PepsiCo Ventures Group
- Partner with senior PepsiCo stakeholders to define strategic investment priority areas supporting PepsiCo’s global, regional, and functional business units.
- Lead and coordinate due diligence efforts across various domains including technical, business, and legal diligence.
- Develop and prepare investment materials for the Investment Committee that outline the strategic benefits of investment, investment terms, and other relevant information for potential investments.
- Lead or co-lead all aspects of equity investment transactions including sourcing, due diligence, strategic analysis, financial analysis and modeling, deal structuring, deal negotiation, and deal documentation review.
- Monitor operational and financial performance of portfolio companies; facilitate quarterly performance analysis for individual companies and full investment portfolio.
- Proactively work with portfolio companies and PepsiCo stakeholders to execute on partnership and growth strategies.
- Cultivate relationships with industry VCs and other ecosystem partners to help identify and source investment opportunities aligned with PepsiCo stakeholder strategic priorities.
- Formalize criteria for “readiness” of investments to move through the portfolio pipeline for increased levels of investment or outright acquisition
- Partner with investment companies on a range of business activities to support their mission and objectives with an eye on long term PepsiCo interests
- Ensure rigorous adherence to PepsiCo and external reporting and compliance requirements. Support application of risk control and accounting reporting.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop skills and career trajectory of junior investment team members.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in at least two of the following roles: Investment Banking, Corporate Development, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Corporate Venture Capital, Strategy Consulting, or Consumer Goods
- Experience leading deal processes and managing multi-work stream projects
- Superior financial modeling skills and acumen
- MBA strongly preferred and prior experience in the consumer goods, health/wellness, consumer tech, and/or directly adjacent industries
- A strong network of contacts in the consumer goods, health/wellness, consumer tech, and/or venture capital industry. Willingness to establish additional contacts through industry networking
- Strong financial reporting and accounting background
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including preparation of investment memos and analysis
- Deal negotiation experience
- Team management experience
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If interested, please apply here.