Kilonova Capital (KC) is a special situations investment firm that finances and buys private technology companies that no longer conform to venture capital mandates. KC takes a systematic, value-driven approach, and targets proven businesses that have been overlooked due to existing investor fund incentives and inadequate capitalization. The current partners have completed over $200 billion in technology transactions, and led multiple platforms in independent firms they have founded, as well as institutions such as Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, William Blair, Energy Impact Partners, and Mobility Impact Partners.
The firm has crystallized a set of advantages in its business model, including a unique deal origination system, a team of experts in special situations structuring to recapitalize promising companies, and an unparalleled roster of Silicon Valley veterans to rapidly enhance portfolio company value.
In so doing, the firm fills a capital void for the majority, by number, of private technology companies while simultaneously offering its Limited Partners an opportunity to invest in Silicon Valley at value-based pricing. KC invests across core technology sectors and focuses on deploying $25-100mm over the life of a single investment.
The Principal will be a part of the investment team at KC. In this role, the Principal will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and underwriting investment opportunities. Post investment, this individual will be responsible for portfolio monitoring on their investments, including representing KC on the board.
We expect this new Principal to work with the other Partners to build a world-class organization that generates industry-leading returns.
As KC is raising its first fund, it is expected that this Principal will assist in the fundraising process.
- Execute on the fund’s strategy by originating and structuring great investments in overlooked businesses.
- Manage critical sourcing and origination relationships.
- Source and assess new investments.
- Develop market segment theses.
- Assist with KC fundraising efforts.
- Perform due diligence and underwriting of investments.
- When required, serve as a Board Director of portfolio companies. As a Director, provide expertise, advice, and industry information and contacts to portfolio company leadership. This individual will pro-actively represent their companies to the investment community to promote portfolio companies’ potential and raise capital to support each company’s growth and expansion. As portfolio companies grow, the Board Director will be expected to exercise sound commercial judgment to assess and recommend appropriate exit strategies.
- Build and cultivate diverse, long lasting relationships.
- Attend investor conferences, trade shows, and other events to stay ahead of the market and ensure continued deal flow.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of competing and complementary companies within the portfolio.
- Generally, as a key member of the team, do all the individual can to grow a world-changing enterprise.
- 3+ years of investment experience with a proven track record in relevant transactions. At least eight years of total experience in a relevant field (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, private equity, VC, etc.)
- Exposure to complex deal structuring and underwriting processes at multiple levels of the capital structure.
- An ability to quickly assess a company’s situation and determine its viability and the likelihood that KC can get a deal done.
- The ability to gather, learn, and synthesize and effectively present or communicate (verbal/written) complex information.
- High IQ, EQ & personal drive/determination.
- Contrarian thinker who challenges the status quo.
- Commitment to being a hardworking, positive, and fun team-player who is above nothing but has the presence and confidence to lead deals end.
- High level of ethical standards and integrity.
- Motivated to fit well in a dynamic and collaborative culture.
- Extensive contacts in the entrepreneurial and venture capital communities.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred.
Kilonova Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is
decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.