Crossbeam is a Venture Capital firm that invests across Seed and Series A in a number of different industries including, but not limited to: Financial Services Technology, Platform/Creator Economies, Amazon Third Party Seller Ecosystem, Novel Forms of Credit/Assets, B2B SaaS, Disruptive Insurance, Legal and Payment Businesses. Crossbeam will act as lead or secondary investors into deals.
A successful candidate will identify new investment opportunities, perform due diligence, support portfolio companies post-investment through board membership or otherwise, and will assist in general firm management, LP reporting and other various functions. The candidate will work closely with all investment partners and help drive investment decision making and have the opportunity to become a leader within the firm.
- Identifying new investment opportunities and generating deal flow
- Performing due diligence on investment opportunities and making decisions on whether or not to invest, and if so how much and at what valuation, structuring and negotiating investments
- Relationship building with other VCs and Founders
- Board membership, Board Observer membership, or general portfolio company support (recruiting talent, helping source business development opportunities, strategic guidance, help with capital raises etc)
- General firm management, which may include gathering performance data on companies, answering LP inquiries, preparing materials for specific capital raises, managing co-invest processes, drafting deal memos.
- 5+ years of financial services and investment experience
- A strong understanding of investing in growth companies
- Experience investing in or operating in technology companies is a plus
- A foothold in various startup communities is a plus
- Technical Proficiency in Excel and MSFT Suite; basic understanding of accounting, tax, finance and legal frameworks
- Experience managing relationships either with high-touch clients, or with portfolio companies
- Reasonable understanding of startup companies, the startup ecosystem, the venture capital ecosystem and how startups are valued
- General understanding of venture capital deals, legal terms and ability to lead deal execution
- Ability to draft and defend investment memos within partner meetings
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Desire to work in a small team with substantial responsibility and independence
We highly recommend you email a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org after you apply via LinkedIn.