At B Capital, we are looking for Principals who can actively contribute to sourcing new investment opportunities, making investment decisions, and managing our growing portfolio. The Principal will evaluate potential investment opportunities, coordinate syndication and negotiate terms for portfolio company financings, interact with and advise portfolio companies with respect to operational activities, and develop and execute portfolio company exit strategies. This requires a proven record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action. We actively partner with our portfolio companies and have the unique ability to leverage BCG and its network of leading clients to help with growth. Principals will spend a significant portion of their time engaging with portfolio companies. Above all, they must be willing to put the firm’s success above their own and help us deliver amazing results.
Sourcing New Opportunities
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in B2B investing across enterprise SaaS, PropTech, Industrial/Supply Chain Innovation, Digital Health, and FinTech.
- Proven ability to develop investment theses and idea generation.
- Participate actively in local start-up communities.
- Source new early stage investments by leveraging your professional network, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and proactively seeking to engage with entrepreneurs.
- Quickly assess the viability of the many investment opportunities we source and prioritize companies for further due diligence.
Leading The Investment Process
- Manage an investment team to conduct due diligence on potential investments, preparing memoranda to bringing recommendations to the firm’s broader investment committee.
- Evaluate a target company’s market attractiveness, evidence of product-market fit, preparedness for growth, and returns potential.
- Manage external service providers (e.g. lawyers, auditors, expert networks) in support of the due diligence and deal execution processes.
- Develop and negotiate term sheets and transaction documents for portfolio company financings.
Driving Portfolio Company Value
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies, across a number of operating areas, in conjunction with our Portfolio Team.
- Support portfolio companies by attending board meetings, advising senior management, conducting research and recruiting, and assisting with financing and acquisition activities.
- Leverage the firm’s networks to connect portfolio companies with customers, corporate partners, future investors, executive and board candidates, and relevant service providers.
- Coordinate company reporting of financials and KPIs for communication within the B Capital team.
- At least 3 years prior venture capital investing experience is required.
- Total 5-10 years of relevant work experience (e.g., venture capital firm, venture-funded startup, top-tier consulting firm, or investment bank).
- Bachelor’s Degree required and MBA preferred.
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends; experience identifying and determining opportunities in selected market spaces.
- Deep understanding of the startup ecosystem, networks, and deal sourcing and investment processes, particularly for new technology companies.
- Highly advanced quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including financial modeling, cap table analysis, and business writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships necessary for sourcing investment opportunities.
- Experience leading deal negotiation, management of counsel, review of legal documents and understanding of standard venture terms and concepts.
About b Capital
B Capital Group is a global firm specializing in multi-stage investing in B2B and B2B2C companies that are transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Leveraging a global team of seasoned investor-experts and an exclusive partnership with The Boston Consulting Group, B Capital Group helps startups navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at key points of their journeys to scale. We invest in Enterprise technology (e.g. consumer enablement technologies, enterprise application software, infrastructure, security, AI/ML), Fintech and Insurtech, Industrial and Transportation, and HealthcareTech and Bio IT. Our portfolio includes global, high-potential and market-leading companies like Atomwise, Bounce, Centivo, Evidation Health, Icertis, Innovacer, Khatabook, Kopi Kenangan, Ninja Van, Notable Labs, Payfazz, SilverCloud Health, Synack, Ula, and YaloChat. For more information, visit http://www.bcapgroup.com/.
b Capital Group Core Values
- Honest – We speak the truth to others and ourselves, but always with positive intent. We hold ourselves accountable, we are intellectually honest, and we are not afraid to say what we know and what we don’t.
- Open – We are constantly evolving, and always looking for ways to better ourselves and our communications, to increase transparency, and improve as a team.
- Trustworthy – Our people and the culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive, and trust ourselves and each other.
- Humble – As we advance, we stay humble and never declare victory, knowing that every finish line is the beginning of a new race. When we operate with low ego, we are open to new perspectives, allowing us to learn and improve.
- Collaborative – We are one team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and we work to lift each other up, knowing that we are better together. We bring the best of our firm to every interaction, leveraging our partners. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- Bold – We are bold and willing to take risks and understand that means that we will at times fail. We learn from our failures, we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- Persistent – To build enduring success, the long-term must prevail over the short-term. Sometimes winning in the long-term looks like losing in the short-term. We persevere, with the enduring perspective that our race is a marathon, not a sprint.
If interested, please apply here.