Anzu Partners is a venture capital firm that invests in breakthroughs in industrial and life sciences technologies. We team with entrepreneurs to develop and commercialize technological innovations by providing capital and deep expertise in business development, market positioning, global connectivity, and operations.
Anzu manages ~$350 million in capital commitments and we have developed a robust team of investment professionals, technical specialists, and operational support to drive results for our 25+ portfolio companies. In 2016, we launched Anzu Industrial Capital Partners, our first venture equity fund, to invest in North American-based private industrial technology companies. In April 2019, we announced the launch of our second industrial and life science technology fund, Anzu Industrial Capital Partners II. While Anzu Partners focuses primarily on the United States and Canada, we have invested in companies with substantial operations in Singapore and Australia.
Our portfolio includes companies that have achieved breakthroughs in the physical sciences, such as developing the first high-powered blue-wavelength laser for no-spatter welds, and the life sciences, such as receiving the first FDA approval for a blood test for concussion. Our companies deliver strong returns for our investors, whether through public listing via IPO or acquisition by larger industrial players such as Siemens, and drive discoveries that improve our world.
Anzu Partners has offices in Boston, MA, San Diego, CA, Washington, DC and Tampa, FL.
Principal, Life Sciences
We are looking to hire a Principal, Life Sciences to our Investment team. This individual will be responsible for two major areas of work – taking a leading role in the diligence of life sciences companies, and post investment support work of our life sciences focused portfolio companies. This senior role reports directly to the Managing Partners and works as a leader on our Investment team and with portfolio company CEOs.
The position will be based in San Diego, CA.
Lead investments focused on life sciences companies; develop deal flow and network in life sciences sector
- Lead investments into life sciences companies from sourcing through to diligence and successful capital deployment, including potentially taking on responsibilities as board member or observer post-investment;
- Synthesize information on portfolio company performance and knowledge of industry headwinds to make recommendations to Investment Committee on follow on funding for existing companies;
- Build on existing personal network to grow Anzu’s presence in the life sciences sector; travel to relevant conferences to liaise with founders and investors; establish presence as thought leader in life sciences investing.
Drive investment results for life sciences portfolio companies
- Support portfolio company CEOs in making key business decisions, including commercial partnerships, strategic acquisitions, and exit processes;
- Utilize existing personal network to assist portfolio companies in achieving connectivity to customers, suppliers, and partners;
- As needed, work directly with our life sciences portfolio companies on a broad range of functional areas – product development, commercialization, and operations, amongst others.
Team leadership for investment team
- Mentor current Anzu investment team members who are interested in life sciences;
- Work with Principals and Partners to analyze overall patterns in Fund performance and economics; make recommendations to increase likelihood of positive outcomes.
- 7+ years of prior work experience in management consulting, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking;
- PhD in a life science field;
- Experience in client management via management consulting or similar;
- Strong analytical capabilities including financial modeling;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including written, oral, and digital;
- Strong demonstrated professionalism and an ability to manage expectations and personalities of a diverse group of executives.
If interested, please apply here.