Virtue: The Firm Overview
- Overview: Virtue is a new venture capital firm that exclusively serves the pre-seed and seed healthcare community and is currently investing out of a $31.25M Fund I.
- Founded: Summer 2021
- HQ: Austin, TX / The Internet
- Founder / Managing Partner: Sean Doolan
- Stage: Pre-seed & Seed
- Expected Portfolio Size: ~25 (as of Dec 1st, 2021 we have made 2 investments)
- Geo: Predominantly US, opportunistic globally
Our Guiding Principles:
- A perfect storm of inflections is creating a golden era of health innovation.
- Seed funding gap + knowledge asymmetry = robust partner opportunities.
- Expanding the health remit materially increases our investment aperture.
- Lateral founders are critical to leading health innovation & transformation.
- VC market bifurcation means vertical-focused specialization will dominate early stage.
- Conviction-driven investors have durable, long-term competitive advantages.
- Retain maniacal focus on generating significant demand for our brand of capital.
**About The Role — “**Investment Partner”
We are seeking a founding investment team member that will play a lead role toward building Virtue into an enduring, marquee venture brand. This position carries a broad mandate across sourcing, investing, portfolio management and other critical early firm building affairs. Ideal candidates possess a strong founder-first orientation and genuine desire to serve the early stage healthcare founder community. You will have the creative license to build an institutionally-backed healthcare venture firm from scratch.
Location: Remote / Austin, TX (HQ)
Responsibilities (include but not limited to**)**:
- Investing / Sourcing. The ideal candidate will have responsibility for making direct investment decisions. Responsible for actively leading / co-leading end-to-end efforts that include sourcing, diligence, selecting and ‘winning’ compelling investment opportunities and building trusted founder relationships.
- Portfolio Management. Actively support portfolio companies in a directly beneficial manner that includes but is not limited to: achieving product market fit (PMF); product development; defining commercial strategy and go-to-market (GTM) motion; cultivating talent and hiring successful candidates, etc.
- Firm Building. Develop internal systems, processes and frameworks that allow Virtue to scale and build a foundation for long-term success. The ideal candidate will wear ‘multiple hats’ and have broad exposure and input to all relevant, creative matters that can produce durable competitive advantages to the firm.
- Content. Direct input and/or authorship to organic content produced by the firm.
- Investor Relations. Support any/all relationships with the current Limited Partner base and cultivate prospective Limited Partner relationships.
- 2-3 years of early stage healthcare venture capital experience and/or (co)founder or early team member operational experience at a healthcare or related tech startup.
- For individuals with VC experience, the ideal candidate will have had direct attribution and/or exposure toward making investment decisions.
- For individuals with founder/operator experience, the ideal candidate will likely have had a leadership role during the initial 2-3 years of company operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within a closely integrated multidisciplinary team environment.
- Preference for operating within a meritocratic, results-driven environment.
Competitive compensation package which includes meaningful carry participation.
👉 APPLY HERE 👈
- In order to eliminate any bias related to gender, ethnicity and/or age please do not share your name, LinkedIn address, email address and/or any other information that would explicitly detail unnecessary demographic information in this application.