Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech. a16z has over $16.5B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $865M Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
A16z is seeking to recruit a Deal Partner to join the firm’s Consumer practice. The successful candidate will work closely with General Partners Connie Chan, Andrew Chen, Sriram Krishnan and Jeff Jordan in driving all aspects of investments, including defining segments of interest, sourcing investment opportunities, due diligence; specifically providing a detailed analysis in picking startups. The successful candidate will play an impactful role in a highly collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. We hire for strengths and superpowers, with a belief that the best teams draw their exceptionalism from these unique, yet complementary, individuals.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Demonstrate passion about the Consumer space; fascinated with the startup ecosystem, new markets, and new ways of doing things
- Display intellectual endurance to discover what others do not
- Synthesize vast amounts of data and resolve what really matters
- Quantitative analysis; observe retention rates and customer cohorts
- Sift through large customer data sets to identify strengths and weaknesses of a startup
- 3-5+ years experience in Banking, Finance and/or consulting ideally with Tech exposure
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record to succeed in an ever changing environment
- Conviction in your viewpoints but with a quick feedback loop that allows for rapid resourcefulness
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated judgement; record of making winning decisions
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust from others
- You can self-manage and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
IF interested, please apply here.