Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $12B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $865M Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The Market Development team accelerates time-to-market for the a16z portfolio. The group advises portfolio teams on their go-to-market strategy across sales, marketing, and business development. Additionally, the team creates commercial and strategic partnership opportunities for the portfolio with its network of Global 2000 executives. Through these efforts, the team strives to support each portfolio company in its pursuit of product-market-fit and commercialization at scale.
We are looking for someone with a strong passion to accelerate the impact of new enterprise technologies in the global landscape. As an Associate Partner, you will be responsible for (1) supporting a16z enterprise partners with portfolio companies with key go-to-market initiatives, (2) supporting a16z enterprise partners with expanding the enterprise network of Global 2000 and top SaaS/Cloud executives and business leaders, and (3) generating market development opportunities for portfolio companies.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Segment, target, outbound, and develop a network of deep corporate relationships with C and SVP-level executives within Global 2000 and top SaaS/Cloud companies
- Source, curate, introduce, and connect partners and portfolio companies to the a16z network through introductions, meetings, corporate briefings, events, and conferences
- Collaborate with teammates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Self-motivate and take a structured and data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Have a thirst for knowledge and willingness to be coached to progress in your career
- 2-5 years of business development, inside or enterprise sales experience
- Worked at a fast-growing enterprise software startup or large enterprise software company; working at a bottoms-up SaaS company a plus
- Track record of sourcing deals and developing long-term business relationships with enterprise organizations at senior leadership levels
- Highly organized, great at research, note taking, and completing projects in a timely manner
- You are passionate about enterprise technology, and knowledgeable about cloud, SaaS, security, and/or data and analytics
- Ability to identify needs and trends in the industry to articulate back to the a16z partners on the team
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, executive presence, and high attention to detail
- You are comfortable working in a remote environment and working independently; international experience a plus
- Ability to prospect via email, LinkedIn, and outbound calls
- High proficiency with Salesforce, Looker, MixMax, G Suite, and Zoom
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
IF interested, please apply here.