New Incubation Ventures (NIV) focuses on both investing in and incubating prestige beauty brands. With a global focus, we primarily target brands, with a smaller emphasis on beauty tech, marketplaces, raw ingredients, and other enablers of brand building. Our first investment was Faculty World, a men’s cosmetics brand (Techcrunch). This role will work under the Executive Director to support investing efforts. Working in a small group of 3 – including this new hire – you will have the opportunity to build this new group within Estée Lauder, and will have a high level of involvement and ownership in the process.
- Support investment sourcing, diligence, and selection process to increase Estée Lauder’s ability to identify opportunities at an early stage
- Support investment processes including weekly sourcing meeting, diligence team, and on-boarding
- Develop outbound sourcing channels through established relationships with VCs and angel groups, entrepreneurs, and executives
- Source partners, universities, conferences and events, and other community partners
- Maintain deal flow database and proactively develop process improvements
- Collaborate with the new business development and strategy team, brand leaders and regional leaders to identify and evaluate growth and white space opportunities
- Conduct deep dive research and market maps on thematic topics of interest
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, financial model review, perform due diligence, and leveraging expert network to help determine the overall attractiveness of potential investment opportunities
- Prepare investment materials and supporting documentation associated with potential investments
- NIV Championing
- Support internal and external messaging of the NIV group
- Find, attend and support NIV presence at industry events, panels, and groups
- Liaise with internal stakeholders across multiple teams
- Work with external partners across the ecosystem to execute on projects
- Portfolio Support
- Support existing investments with ongoing needs including business development, financial modeling, operational strategy, and introductions
- Provide updates to investment committee and executive leadership teams on existing portfolio
- 4-5 years of related experience, including
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in VC, investment banking, private equity, or corporate development.
- 1-2 years of experience in the beauty industry
- Interest in beauty brands and the beauty industry
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/advanced degree is a plus
Job Finance & Accounting
Primary Location US-NY-New York
Job Type Standard
Shift 1st (Day) Shift
Job Number 2112769
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.
If interested, please apply here.